Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mommy I Made Cookies!!!


I made cookies with my granddaughter, Lily, yesterday. She is two years old and 4 months now. 

We made them with our bare hands. Her standing on a chair and me with my leg wrapped around her so she wouldn't fall. 

Sugar and flour went everywhere. A joyful stickiness that kept me wiping down stuff all during her nap. 

The first thing she said, with a smile to her mommy, after we gingerly awoke her from her cherubic sleep ....

"Mommy I made cookies!" 

Priceless!

5 comments:

pchickki said...

Nothing in the world like baking with your babies!
These cookies look so yummy!
God Bless You

Jo said...

ames, what a beautiful memory!!!

JJ said...

If only every family shared that experience. We would have a much better world.

Sue McPeak said...

Ya'll are making very special memories and a bond that will last and last. Enjoy!!! My oldest grandgal is 19 and our cookie baking days has landed her a job in a pizza shop...LOL!!!

Hope you have had a good summer and all is well with you and yours. Good to see your post!

Sue CollectInTexasGal~Today's Post~
Older Sister Syndrome~Sepia SAT Sibling 3Some

Jenny said...

Oh. Sweet, sweet, sweet.

Memories and cookies!

Can never go wrong with that, Miss Ames!