Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday Centus #157 ~ A Recipe of Love


Hi all, long time no see!

I haven’t participated in SC in a long time. This was short and I think I can pull it off so here goes..... 

The rules are to use the bold prompt in a story and to only use 109 words and that includes the 9 words in the prompt. The prompt is "Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat."

~~~*~~~ 

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in two handfuls of brown sugar, sprinkle cinnamon over that, dot with cherries, dump in a can of crushed pineapple, and pour the yellow cake mix batter over that. Bake in 350 degree oven for twenty five minutes. Dahdah! my quick and easy pineapple upside down cake.

Gram, how come you don’t follow any recipes?

They’re all in my head sweetheart.

If I can get a ride to the nursing home tomorrow I’ll bring you a slice and maybe you can give me that Oatmeal cake recipe too.

That will be real nice Shelly.

I’ll look forward to it.
~~~*~~~
 
That was fun! Thanks for stopping by! To return to Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus click here:
 
 
~Ames

14 comments:

Sue said...

Sounds like a pretty good recipe to me! And my mom is the same way. She doesn't have that many recipes for baked goods. She just kinda throws them together!

=)

Sue McPeak said...

Yipppeee...glad to see ya here dumpin pineapples upside down!

Have missed you...hope all is well. I've been writing all month on the AtoZ challenge....you might enjoy my quiltin' stories when you have time. Start with A though...the story is progressive. Letter Z is Tuesday, but it will all still be in the Archives.
Sue

Bookie said...

Nice one...glad to see you back.

Viki said...

Sounds just like the way my mother used to make hers...

Tgoette said...

Not only well written but it made me hungry for my mom's pineapple upside down cake! Great job!

Green Speck said...

I am looking forward to it too :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I always loved sweet desserts like this...I miss sugar sometimes! lol I just read a book I thought you would like! I'm going to see if I can find your email addy! Hugs!

Kris Osage said...

Awesome story Ames ! My Nana rarely followed a written recipe but like magic, whatever she made was so good !!!

Pam Beers. said...

Simple yet tasty recipe, and a sweet story. Love it.

Jo said...

mmmm, sounds yummy, and such a sweet story ... glad you are back with th centus group, i have yet to get back to it, but want to.

Ames said...

So good to hear from everyone. Thanks for the kind comments. I am going to stop by soon. Have a thunderstorm rolling in and need to shut her down. Hugs to all!~Ames

JJ said...

Welcome back!

Jenny said...

Hello! HELLO!!!!

Gosh!

I'm just grinning to see you here!

And...

I love the someone is willing to listen to what the older generation has to share.

So often they become just a disposable nuisance.

And that makes me so sad!

Annesphamily said...

Good to stop by and visit for a while! Have a great evening!