Thursday, March 28, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

 
These are so easy to make and delicious too!
 
Stuffed Peppers
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
2-4 Green Peppers
1 cup of any cooked rice (can use Uncle Bens Microwave Brown rice too)
1 egg
¼ c chopped onion
Salt, Pepper, parsley and garlic powder (can use fresh parsley and fresh garlic if desired)
1 can of Tomato Soup
Ketchup
 
Cut tops off of peppers, remove seeds and clean. Par boil peppers covered in water for 10 minutes. Chop tops up into small pieces and add to meat mixture. Once all ingredients are mixed, place peppers in a baking dish and fill with meat mixture. Spoon the remaining meat mixture around peppers to help them stand up. Cover all meat with ketchup. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. This is very good. I served it with a side of corn and French bread.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
Thanks for stopping by!~Ames
 
To return to Alphabe~Thursday click here: off on my tangent
Photo credit: Road Food.com 
 

14 comments:

Lola said...

Lovely *S* post: great yummy recipe - one of my favorites!

Have a great Alphabe-Thursday and weekend too,

Visiting from Alphabe-Thursday

EG CameraGirl said...

Sounds scrumptious. I'll have to search to see if there's a vegetarian version.

Cathy Kennedy said...

I've been wanting to make stuffed peppers for awhile. I'm def going to bookmark this page so I can give it a try. Thanks for sharing your recipe on Alphabe-Thursday!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

they are making my mouth water!

i love stuffed peppers...

Tracy Cook said...

Yummy not made these for years

Pamela Beers. said...

These look delicious. I love stuffed peppers.

myfluffybunnies said...

I can almost smell those cooking. YUM.

storybeader said...

yum, yum! Always have like peppers, no matter how they're cooked. This looks delicious! {:-Deb

Sue said...

Looking at these is torture. I haven't eaten dinner, and we are waiting to go out with our kids. One of them isn't off work yet, so it will be a while.

;)

Ames said...

Sue: Sorry to torture you. Hee hee!

EG CameraGirl: You can probably substitute the beef and pork with Grillers burger meat. It is vegetarian and really good.

Jeannette StG said...

They look delicious! Have a wonderful Easter! Thanks for coming to my blog for the S:)

Jo said...

oh yummy!!!

JJ said...

I love stuffed peppers! I'm a vegetarian, but I stuff them with substitutes just the same. Great recipe.

Jenny said...

This recipe Sounds Scrumptious...

I will have to give it a Shot one of these days...

Thanks for SHaring this with us...

Spectacular job...

A+