Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Just Checking in....

For some reason Blogger won't let me upload any pictures.

So for now I will just say this without pictures.....

Many unexplainable things happen in life. Sometimes it boils down to a man made or natural earthly scientific chain of events.

 I know most of you have already heard about the man that went to sleep and was sucked into a 100 foot sinkhole that was to become his grave. My heart goes out to him and his family. I don't know about you, but I live in Florida and I often hear my house ping and pop at night and I am now even more concerned. I live near the shore and they say sinkholes don't open up over on the coast but our earth is constantly changing.

Talk about changes happening, I read that they are telling Marines to save every bullet and any gasoline they can. Why? Why can't a Congressman or  a Senator or the President give up some of that lavish lifestyle they live? Without the tools our armed forces need they won't be able to defend and protect us let alone themselves.

Ok, I got those two issues off my chest. I hope everyone is keeping warm and staying dry. I am enjoying our rainy day here in Florida because we need it!

Thanks for stopping by!~Ames


4 comments:

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

A golfer across the river in Illinois just fell into a sink hole on the course. His golfing partners had to rescue him. I think his could have been mine subsidence but a sinkhole nonetheless. Scary stuff!

Ames said...

I also read of a woman falling twice into a sinkhole. She was pulling weeds and the ground just opened up. She was rescued by neighbors twice. Now that's creepy!

Thanks for stopping by Kathy!

Splendid Little Stars said...

OK. Now I have a new thing to worry about! sinkholes! gee. I had no idea!

I'm with you on the lavish lifestyles.

Sue said...

That sinkhole thing is creepy! And I agree wholeheartedly about our troops have to scrimp and Washington living high on the hog.

"/