Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rainy Day

 
Welcome all you soggy friends.
Welcome to Alphabe ~ Thursday's letter "R"

Rain
 
 
It's raining 
It's pouring
The old man is snoring.....
~*~
To some, a day like today is boring
but not me.
I love the rain.
Beautiful rain.
We need it to wash and replenish the earth
and make all things anew like a green rebirth.
It can stop the sinkholes.
It's just plain good for the soul.
Beautiful rain.
~*~
It's raining 
It's pouring
This old woman is singing.
 
~~*~~
 
Thanks for stopping by!~Ames
 
To return to Jenny Matlock's Alphabe~thursday click on this link: off on my tangent 
 
 
photo credit: Strawberrylicorice

11 comments:

lindaakacraftygardener said...

cute verse ... wish we had some rain then we wouldn't have to shovel it ... seems all we are getting is snow

acreativeharbor.com said...

Real upbeat post for R and great photo ~ enjoy ^_^

Was snowing in New England and more to come supposedly ~ tis life.

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I love the rain also. We don't see very much of it out here in Utah, but it's been raining today!

Tracy Cook said...

I live in Uk we have lashings of the wet stuff but today the sun is shining and it looks like a spring day.

Tatiana said...

I wish it would rain here! we're still covered in snow.

Naperville Now said...

used to sing that with my Dad. thanks for the sweet memory.

Debra @ Homespun said...

great R post! :)

Sue said...

Really enjoyed your poem...and the action picture, too!

=)

bettyl said...

I find rain quite lovely too. Your verse and photo make a great 'R'!

Esther Joy said...

I hadn't heard that verse in awhile. We've had a few "gray days" and some snow, but since we need the moisture, I am thankful. Loved the hands and rain video!

Jenny said...

We get so few gray days that they truly paralyze everyone.

But I bet where you are it's the same thing!

Thanks for a really sweet link!

A+