Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Alphabe~Thursday the Letter "N"


“N” stands for Nincompoop.

Pronounced nin-com-poop.

Yep, it’s a real word.

I may have posted about nincompoop before, but my grandchildren don’t seem to get it.

You know….

Nincompoop?

It’s a noun.

And it means a foolish or stupid person.

I’ll share a few synonyms with you:

Ninny- now I haven’t used that word in eons.

Fool- What I curse at political nincompoops on TV.

Simpleton- Would that be Simon??

Booby- Say what?

Noodle- cousin to noggin?

Dolt-Ummm ok…moving on.

Nitwit- Now this is right up my alley. I use it along with nincompoop when I’m driving and my grand’s are in the car.

I’m umm … umm …a middle aged woman now.  If I want to call a guy and his side kick, standing on the side of the road with their pants below their underwear while begging for money, a nincompoop and a nitwit…I will.
 

Because I can!

I’m all for helping those that need help, I'm just not into supporting a drug habit.

~Ames

 ~~*~~

This “N” was brought to you from Jenny Matlock’s Alphabe~Thurday, off on my tangent

 

 

 

13 comments:

myfluffybunnies said...

Nincompoop is an essential English noun. I wholeheartedly agree!

Della said...

Yup, he's a nincompoop all right! I have been guilty of using this word as well as nitwit, and ninny. They are great words to use when the grands are around...and we watch what comes out of our mouths lol.

Tracy Cook said...

I am a nincompoop and a ninny at times

acreativeharbor.com said...

Great post for N ~ agree ~ You can!

Peg said...

Nincompoop was a word my mother often used so it's been around quite a while... and I totally agree with how you use it!

Sandra Tyler said...

hurray for middle age (I"m smack in the middle just turned 50). Pull your pants up Man!

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

I agree -- pull those pants up! Nincompoop is a great word!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Yeah...he's a nincompoop all right..

Just don't get it, the whole my pants are falling off thing!

Sue said...

I like your style, Ames. And thanks for validating my own use of such words. Age brings a certain amount of privilege, right? heehee

Nincompoop and nitwit are particularly apt, especially for that guy in the last photo!

=)

Jo said...

sadly there are far too many nincompoops in the world ... due, man up .... pull up the pants, get a real job, get a purpose, get a life ... arg, i hate to seeing people wasting their lives ... if only they knew how short our time here on earth is ....

JJ said...

Ames: You got my vote. What has happened to our world?

Jenny said...

I'm with you girl.

Although the end of that word is pretty upsetting when people have sagging pants.

Ewwww.

Sorry.

Thanks for a the nifty post for the letter "N".

A+

Splendid Little Stars said...

There was a guy in my town running from the cops. He had his pants hanging down just so. He attempted to climb a fence but his pants got stuck!
nincompoop!