Monday, November 12, 2012

Veteran's Day

 
How To Fly the Flag
The flag should be raised and lowered by hand. Never raise the flag while it is furled; unfurl, then hoist quickly to the peak of the flagstaff. It should be lowered slowly and ceremoniously. The flag should never be allowed to touch anything beneath it, such as the ground or the floor. The flying of the flag at half-staff is a sign of mourning.
When flown at half-staff, the flag should be first hoisted to the peak, then immediately lowered to the half-staff position. It should be raised to the peak again for a moment before it is lowered for the day. Half-staff is the point midway between top and bottom of the flagstaff. On Memorial Day in May, the flag should fly at half-staff from sunrise until noon and at full-staff from noon until sunset.
Thank you and God Bless America!~Ames

6 comments:

Bookie said...

I had no idea about the practice of flying the flag at half mast for half a day on Memorial Day! Thanks.

Sue said...

Thanks for the reminder, Ames.

Happy Veteran's Day!

=)

JJ said...

Ames: This is a wonderful post. I hope your message is not lost on most Americans.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I woke up thinking about you and how you would have loved Ocali Days by the river. I hope you are having a good week my friend!

Jo said...

God Bless all of those that serve and protect ... i appreaciate and respect them all.

Annesphamily said...

This was really nice. I am glad I stopped by! I love hanging my flag out and will put it up tomorrow!