Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Alphabe~Thursday "V" and "W"


Hi all!

I was on vacation last week and missed AT so this week will be a double whammy crash course starting with:

“V” is for Vero Beach

Not much to say about Vero Beach other than….

It has a beautiful beach,
And a nice Outlet Mall,
But everyone I know calls it ….
“Home of the newly wed and the nearly dead!”
This city is 190 miles south of Jacksonville and 135 miles north of Miami.
~~~*~~~
“W” is for Waldo
You might ask “Where’s Waldo?”
See the red star?
Avoid it like the plague!
According to AAA, Waldo is a speed trap.  AAA pressed the Florida Department of Transportation to at least give drivers more warning.
Good luck trying to talk your way outta that ticket. Those uniforms possess the almighty power of God.
Expect to get a ticket.
If you are going 1 mile over the speed limit ….
Expect to get a ticket.
And don’t forget to say “Thank You Officer!”
Oh well at least the sheriff is retiring.
~~*~~
To return to Jenny Matlock’s Alphabe~Thursday click here:
Thanks for stopping by!~Ames
October is Breast Cancer month!


8 comments:

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Great post for 'v' and 'w' ~ love the 'where's Waldo' And gorgeous photo of Vero Beach ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

lissa said...

the beach looks nice, though the idea of “Home of the newly wed and the nearly dead!” doesn't sound so good to me.

great v/w post. have a great day.

edenhills said...

That beach does look inviting!

Jim said...

Very nice "W" for warning! I will avoid Waldo like the plague! Probably wouldn't get there anyway as it is off the Interstate.

When you come to Houston, watch very carefully our four lane U.S. Hwy 59 if you come in from the northeast.
Someday it may become I-69 if we ever open the borders and trade with Mexico. In the meantime it runs through little towns a lot and each has it's own speed limit down sometimes to 30. Even when you're out in the country it may still be 55.

Vero Beach I would have thought to be exciting. They must not cater to the Spring break crowd.
..

Judie said...

I am lovin' your tour guide posts, Ames! I'm anXious to see where you will be taking us neXt week!

xoxo

Sue said...

Good to know the scoop on Waldo!

=)

Cheryl D. said...

Oh no! I hope you didn't get a ticket! Vero Beach looks really nice. I've never been there.

Jenny said...

I can never find Waldo.

And I suspect I will won't be able to find Waldo...even with your wonderful post!

I hope you continue to heal a bit more each day!

Hugs, healing and A+