Thursday, August 23, 2012

Alphabe~Thursday "N" is for Naples, Florida


 
See the Red star?

Yep, we are back down South again.

What??? You didn’t think I’d show my Florida in descending order did ya?

Heck no! We’re going to get dizzy and bounce all over this Peninsula.

I can’t help myself. J

Now back to Naples….

Naples is on Florida’s Paradise Coast. If you’ve ever been there before, you would know why it’s called the Paradise Coast.

The tranquil aqua waters of the Gulf of Mexico,

White sandy beaches,

Shells

Ahhhhhh,

 The Naples Pier.
Doesn’t it just make you want to put your toes in the water and you’re a** in the sand? (A little Zac Brown humor here.J)
 
 

This is the view of 5th Avenue South. Can you say M~o~n~e~y?? I can smell it!

But you don’t have to be a millionaire to visit here.

The Ritz-Carlton Golf Resort in Naples.
 
Don’t forget your bring your clubs!

You’ll see plenty of these birds.

Oh, and don’t forget to purse your lips when you look up! J

 
 
aahemmm......

The Pelican

by Dixon Lanier Merritt

A wonderful bird is the pelican,
His bill will hold more than his belican.

He can take in his beak
Food enough for a week,
But I’m damned if I see how the helican.

 

Speaking of looking up….



Former Astronaut Buzz Aldrin has a home in Naples, as well as former NBA player Larry Bird, Bill Gates, and Janet Evanovich.

 

Janet’s another of my  favorite authors. If you haven’t read The Stephanie Plum Series run to your local library and check out her books. Her books make me laugh. Forget cooking dinner, doing laundry, or even walking the dog. When I’ve got my nose in one of her books I can’t put it down! The first book is titled “One for The Money”, the second is titled “Two for The Dough” etc.

~~~*~~~ 

Well that was short and sweet. Don’t forget to return to Jenny Matlock’s Alphabe~Thursday for more interesting subjects about the letter “N”. You can get there by clicking here: off on my tangent

 

See ya next week for the letter “O”.  Oh I wonder what place starts with the letter ”O” ?

Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

16 comments:

Della said...

I've been through Naples along the coast....once. Didn't get a chance to enjoy it, but one day will get down there for another visit.

There are so many towns here that start with an O!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I know a place with the letter O! Della and I both know it WELL! heehee! And I am reading "Hot Six" right now and hubby is reading "Two for the Dough". How fun to read this post! I wanna GO!!! Hugs!

lissa said...

looks like a relaxing place to just hang out.

have a great day.

Sue said...

Naples looks wonderful, and I LOVE the poem!

=D

Esther Joy said...

I hope there are no hurricane threats while you are down there. Last night on the weather channel, Jim Cantore was saying there was a possibility...

ourlifeinaclick.blogspot.com said...

That's a place I'd love to visit! Thanks for sharing. I love Janet E. books too!

Annesphamily said...

I need to find a new author so I am taking you up on Janet E! I like your stories of your state! Someday I hope to visit Florida. I like that poem too! Great post Ames! Have a terrific weekend. Hugs Anne

Judie said...

Great "N" post, Ames. I haven't been to Naples in several years, but remember how lovely it is.

anitamombanita said...

Another grat stop on your Floridian tour, Ames!

VBR said...

Having a wonderful time on our virtual tour through Florida. (Every time I go there in the flesh rainstorms seem to follow me!) Naples looks lovely. And, that pelican poem - so clever!

JJ said...

Naples is beautiful. Just be sure to let me know if you venture to the First Coast.

Pearl Maple said...

thanks for taking us on tour, so many pretty places to see

Ames said...

Thanks everyone! And JJ you will be the first to know if I do St. Augustine! :)

Jo said...

well I am certainly getting an education ... loving all of these posts, and learning lots! love the pelican ... i just saw a few of them a few weeks ago up at my brothers cabin ... thousands of miles away from florida ... they come every summer .... what a migration that must be!

Jenny said...

Janet Evanovich is one of my favorites.

I need to visit Naples.

And eat some napoleans in this nifty place!

Thanks for linking.

I'm loving the journey!

A+

Della said...

Hi Ames,
I missed your post today, are you ok? I was looking forward to seeing which of the many 'O' towns you were going to do today.

I hope everything is alright!