Thursday, July 26, 2012

Alphabe~Thursday "J" is for Jupiter, Florida







Jumpin’ Jupiter folks, this time we are actually going south again to Jupiter, Florida. See it located on the map? Its located across from the beautiful aqua waters surrounding Great Abaco Island.
What a pretty place Jupiter is. Just look at some of these beautiful pictures I have found on the internet. Makes me want to rush out and buy another boat.



Jupiter Inlet
Jupiter Lighthouse
The Jupiter Lighthouse was built in the 1800’s.
Quite a few famous people have lived in Jupiter, Florida.


Burt Reynolds
His second wife was Loni Anderson. I always thought they made a cute couple.
Michael Jordan
Celine Dion
Charles Nelson Reilley
Remember him from Match Game 74? I really liked him. My husband and I still enjoy watching the old game shows on The Game Show Network. They were entertaining and they just don’t make them like they used to. Does anyone remember watching Match Game? How about, What’s my Line, Hollywood Squares, Password (my favorite) and $100,000 Pyramid?

If you like to fly home on your own airplane then Tailwinds Airpark is for you. At a pretty price.
Perhaps you are an equestrian lover. You can buy a 20-50 acre home and lot at Ranch Colony for a cool $575,000 and up.
This little gem is a cool million.
~~~8~~~
Well that’s all I am going to show you about Jupiter, Florida. I didn't want to ramble on and on. Just the same...all I can afford to do is drive through and be a lookie-Lou, or as we call them down here…a rubber necker.
So I will see you again next week for the letter “K”. If you want to return to Jenny Matlock’s Alphabe~Thursday you can click here:
But you can also hang around here and check out some of my other post. They are listed off to the left in the sidebar.
Thanks for Stopping by!~Ames

19 comments:

jfb57 said...

To me it looks very exotic!

Susan Mystery said...

I have been there a few times. Nice area. Gram and my mom lived in the area. Stuart actually. Nice choice for theme.

VBR said...

Jupiter is . . . .dare I say it? Out of this world!!!
Great J post!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I've been to Jupiter and it is a lovely place.

Lovely shots. I'd love that equestrian property!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those photos really do draw you! What a gorgeous town with lots to enjoy. Thanks for posting about our beautiful state. I like seeing some of the famous people that have lived here, too! Sweet hugs!

JJ said...

One of my favorite places to eat. We always stop by the inlet on our way back from Key West. Jupiter cuts the ride in half, and the food is superb. The restaurants are terrific. Enjoy!

Andy David said...

Dear friend,
Personally it looks great. I think I could like it there. Thanks for sharing.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

It is fun seeing the sights through your posts :o) And fun to read the info you have of these places.

Blessings & Aloha!

anitamombanita said...

If I lived in Jupiter, I'd spend most of my time under that cool palm tree on the beach, for sure! Nice one, Ames. :)

Judie said...

Have I been to Jupiter? I dont remember! In fact, right now, I can't remember much of anything except the van is coming on August 6 to carry away all my stuff!

Another great travel post, Ames!!

Annesphamily said...

My you post such great tours of the cities in your state! How about the "Keys"? Key Largo? My SIL is a native of the Florida Keys! Have a terrific weekend!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I can't believe how many famous people lived in Jupiter! Great J post!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Ranch Colony is a veritable bargain!
Perhaps I've driven through (or by) Jupiter on my way to Miami. but those trips were long ago.
I do remember some of those games. What's My Line was amazing!

Gattina said...

Seems to be a lovely place and certainly is if so many celebrities choose to live there !

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

I think I'll hang out under that palm tree! I know I've heard of Jupiter, but didn't know it was that ritzy!
I remember watching game shows when I was a kid -- What's My Line and I've Got a Secret come to mind!

Pondside said...

Years ago we rented a house in PA from a lady who had an estate in a place called Hobe Sound, on an island near Jupiter. I wish I remembered more about it - we stayed there a couple of times. All I remember is that we were definitely the 'poor cousins' and creatures of some curiosity to the incredibly wealthy people that lived there. It was like a dream. I may have to blog about it!...so thank you for the memory.

Jo said...

I would love to visit Jupiter, just so I can say that I went to Jupiter!!!

Sue said...

Love that lighthouse!

=)

Jenny said...

Jupiter is absolutely beautiful..

That crisp, blue water is very tempting...

A Journey there would be very Joyful!

Great post for the letter J!

A+