Friday, June 8, 2012

Thrifty Things Friday # 62


Hi  everyone, I haven’t participated in TTF in a long time. I went through our local antique stores yesterday and found a few pieces I really like.

First off I’d like to ask, Does anyone knows anything about Roseville pottery? I bought this large bowl for $15.00 and it is so perfect it makes me want to believe it’s a fake. Roseville Pottery stopped production in 1954. This bowl is almost perfect except for the few dark marks on the bottom.

I went to a Roseville pottery website and found this link:  http://www.wwcomponents.net/roseville/roseville.html
But I am still unsure if it is a fake, regardless, I love the color and I think it’s going up on top of my kitchen cabinet.
In addition to the bowl I ran across these vintage kitchen tools. I love these! I have some in red too! They were $5 each. The card on the shelf in the antique store gave a story behind the green handled kitchen tools. The dealer wrote that during the war they stopped making red handled kitchen tools and made green instead. This line of green utensils was referred to as Homestead green. I am not sure about this information so if anyone else knows please share!
Well that was fun! I haven’t been antiquing in a long time. It’s raining here. I’ve already had a nap so I guess I’ll pull out that new book I bought and settle in for a good read.

Check out more stuff here:  The Thrifty Groove
or stopping by!~Ames

9 comments:

Sue said...

That bowl is a great color, real or fake. And the green utensils are cool, too.

=)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love the bowl. I don't know much about Roseville pottery. It's pretty anyway! Love the green handled utensils, I mostly have red one's but I like the green also! Cool story! Hugs, Linda

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love this shade of green. I wish I could help on the Roseville bowl, but if you love them and use them, it's priceless.

Bookie said...

Interesting post and you found some great things! Enjoy that book!

Deb said...

I'm no help on the Roseville pottery but I really like the bowl.

Pondside said...

I like that green - so soft. Sorry I can't help with the Roseville.

Diann said...

I don't know anything about Roseville pottery but, I know I love that bowl! And the vintage utinsels are awesome! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF this week! Have a great day.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love big old bowls! This one is just beautiful! We've had little pop up showers here all week but at least it cools things off and keeps everything green! Enjoy your week!

Melanie Hall said...

Hi, I've been researching a planter with Roseville on tha bottom, similar to the mark on your bowl. I just realized from a page about Roseville marks on the site you linked that what we both have Robinson Ransbottom Pottery Co. pieces, hence the R.R.P. Co. on the mark.
Here's a link: http://www.oldantiquepottery.info/rrpco.htm
Happy to have my mystery solved,
Melanie