Sunday, June 10, 2012

Saturday Centus # 110~My Journey


Opportunity

Photo credit: Freaking News.com

To skydive and experience an exhilarating feeling…


….gone because I feared I’d leave my child motherless.

To leave a good job for one offering more pay….


…gone because the turnover rate was too high to chance.

Self-Doubt

You could have had it all” whispered my inner voice…..

Realization

Yet I have raised my child, I have retired young with a full pension, I have been blessed.

This was the journey I was to make….


….. And the road I was to take.

…And just like LIFE the road has many ups and downs
…And ebbs


....and flows.


Thanks for visiting. To return to Jenny Matlock’s Saturday Centus click here:


~AMES


12 comments:

Jim said...

Hi there, Ames ~~ This is a wonderful way to look at things. Mrs. Jim also retired from a lower paying job with the school at age 55. She hasn't regretted a thing.
..

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen S. said...

I'd say you did very well!

Sue said...

This one resonates with me, Ames.
Loved it.

=)

Viki said...

I loved the pictures you chose for your centus, it really adds to it. Very thought provoking about the choices we make. Great take on the prompt.

Deb said...

Smart choices, I would say.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Very good post...something to think about as we get older!

Jo said...

oh ames, that was wonderful and I can totally relate ... wonderful food for thought!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Yes! This is a wonderful post. There may be things we thought we'd do, but when we look at what we've done, we can be satisfied (with the right attitude). Great job. laurie @ http://dealingwithmyinnercritic.blogspot.com/

cj Schlottman said...

Hi,

This piece is wonderful. It has the feeling of soft linen blown through me on a sweet ocean breeze.

anitamombanita said...

Oh Ames, nicely done. So many choices in life, no? and do we ever really know what would have happened if we had made a different choice than the one we did? Living life with no regrets is a good thing...always look up. Always look forward!

Jenny said...

It's funny how our choices lead us on different journeys.

I had this idea once of writing a series of stories where you could go into a shop and buy different choices to change your past.

Way too complicated of a plot for me to attempt...

But your poignant writing here made me think of that idea again.

I really liked this post, Miss Ames.