Saturday, June 16, 2012

My Take ~ “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel”


This is a must see movie!!!

A perfect drama comedy for the Summer!

I laughed!

I cried!

I wanted to stay and watch it again!

I thought the actors and their characters were perfectly cast!
Judi Dench ~Played Evelyn (remember her from Bond as “M” ?)


Maggie Smith ~ Played Muriel (You may recognize her from the Harry Potter series, but I know her crotchety character in real life!)


Cecile Imrie ~ Played Madge (You may know her from Calendar Girls)

Penelope Wilton ~ Played Jean (She also starred in Calendar Girls but she played the perfect biotch in this movie!)

Bill Nighy ~ Played Douglas (love it when the weak and meek come out on the top of the heap!)
Tom Wilkinson ~ Played Graham (I was thrown a curve ball with his character and he left me crying!)
Dev Patel ~ Played Sonny (I fell in love with his character! So genuine, and straight from the heart of India.)
The story line:
A group of British retirees decide to "outsource" their retirement to less expensive and seemingly exotic India. Enticed by advertisements for the newly restored Marigold Hotel, they arrive to find the palace a shell of its former self.

I walked away thinking: I need to buy Long term Healthcare Insurance! :D
The scenery? Reveals another side of India that is probably spot on.
My favorite quote from the movie:
 In India, we have a saying; everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not all right, it is not yet the end.”
Do yourself some pleasure and don’t pass this one by. You will enjoy it so much!
~Ames

7 comments:

Sue said...

My sister told me I have to see it, too. Can't wait!

=)

Donna Volkenannt said...

One of my sisters saw it and said it was wonderful. I'll have to check it out.

Jo said...

I really want to see this one!!! the cast looks amazing!

Nonna Beach said...

Very good review Ames...I want to see it too. There are very few retired people major films anymore ! And yes, buying long term care insurance is a good idea...so worth the money and it's there when you need it and the perfect gift to yourself and your family !!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

This sounds like a great movie! Its now on my list! hugs, Linda

Bookie said...

Glad you pointed it out, Ames, as I have never heard of it. Great actors for sure!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I can't wait to see this! We love all of these actors. I tried not to read all of your review so that the movie can be a surprise! heehee! Thanks for letting me know about it! Hugs!