Monday, May 21, 2012

Stupid is as Stupid Does


I was just going to take a short dip.

Photo Credit: Not my toe)

I haven’t been in the pool since last year.

I was all excited about feeling that aaahhhh moment when you slip into a cool refreshing pool.

I ignored the voice in my head telling me “You forgot the sunscreen!”

“Hey, You Forgot The Sunscreen!!”

Oh shut up! You’re ruining my aaaahhh moment!

(Photo Credit: Not my body… but I wish it was.)


Now I am sunburned.

Now I am feeling that owieee moment.

And I certainly knew better.

 “I told you so!”

Oh shut up!

Geez.

~~~*~~~ 

Save yourself and goop up with sunscreen!

~Ames

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ouch! My daughter was so good to remind me to put on sunscreen while we were in Las Vegas!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Good idea! I work for a suncare company and even I sometimes forget, thinking I'll only be out in the sun for a minute or two.

Vicki/Jake said...

Aloe Vera Ames:) I looked like a lobster last summer when I took the grandkiddied to the pool...live and learn.

Deb said...

Good advice. I took my first dip of the Summer on Saturday and I skipped the sunscreen too. Luckily, I didn't stay in too long. I owe you an email, I'll try to respond soon.

Sue said...

Ouch!

Time to get out that aloe vera.

=)