Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saturday Centus #101 ~ The Birth Announcement

Happy Easter All! Today for Saturday Centus #101, Jenny has given us a prompt of : in your Easter bonnet and as many pictures as we like. Well in these changing times, a lot of down sizing has gone on. People are out of work and taking all kinds of oddball jobs to make ends meet. Why should it be any different in the make-believe world?

And now onto my contribution....

~~~~*~~~~


A bundle in your Easter bonnet,
ten little piggy’s wailing a sonnet.
Flowered Chihuahuas pink and frilly……
.
.





Delivered our baby, and her name is Lily.
~~~~~*~~~~~

Lily is my only granddaughter. My daughter prayed for 17 years  for a little girl. She was an only child growing up and I think she always wanted a sister. I was so young when my daughter was born, and we were so close,  it was as though we were sisters. After being blessed with four sweet boys, my daughter finally received her little girl. She worried about her age, she worried about genetics as she did with every pregnancy because she was born with Cerebral Palsy and was deaf. She only had to be patient, and trust in the lord,  and oh what blessings she has received!

Please stop by Jenny Matlock's blog for other Easter contributions:  off on my tangent  May you receive and recognise the many blessing in your life!

Happy Easter!~Ames 

A tisket a tasket
sweet puppies in a basket!
Such big bootiful ears my sweet little dears.

16 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

What a Basket full of Blessing! She's adorable. Your daughter is very brave and blessed...as are you! Happy Easter my friend. You are a Good Egg!

anitamombanita said...

Oh Ames, that is the best!! So happy for you and for your daughter. What a sweet little babe...and I love her name too. Happy Easter!

Nonna Beach said...

What a cute poem and a precious little Princess baby. I have 4 sons and 1 daughter and I know the tender place your sweet daughter and granddaughter hold in your heart !!!

BTW, thanks for cutting me a break on my SC...I was worried cause of your puppy 'girls' you might be miffed...me loves you too !

Have a wonderful Easter !

Hugs,
Nonna

JJ said...

Ames: She is beautiful! Happy Easter.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Aw, that's so nice! Happy Easter Ames:@)

Dreaming said...

Awww, you made my eyes well up with tears. Hooray for Lily. Hooray for your daughter and her perseverance - not only with having a daughter, but with all she has accomplished in life - doing so many things that we all take for granted! You must have been the best mom, ever!
Your puppies in a basket are darling!

Thanks, too, for stopping by and commenting about my Easter Haffies!

Jo said...

oh my, what a beautiful Lily!!! and I adore the puppies in the basket! what a cute family you have!!!

Vicki/Jake said...

Wow, what trials she's come through already! So glad to hear her prayers were answered. And that this sweet little one has you for her grandma:)

Sue said...

What a sweet little bundle!

=)

bluegrassnotes said...

Lovely. The baby picture is priceless. Wonderful story.

KarenSue Farash said...

What a sweetie pie! Lily looks so comfy in her basket. I have no grandbabies yet, it will be a while. Your puppies look so sweet. They love us no matter what!
Happy Easter my friend~SueBee

Judie said...

HOW SWEET! And what a wonderful story, Ames!!
LYM!!

J.

EG CameraGirl said...

Congratulations! Lily looks so sweet in the photo! :)

Tgoette said...

Aww! Such a sweet baby pic! Wonderful job this week, Ames!

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

You've just made my eyes well up. I'm thrilled for you and yours. That is the most adorable picture of Lily too.

Hope it was a wonderful Easter, Ames.

PS Please let me know if you got my message and if it works.
xoRobyn

Jenny said...

I love both your baskets...Lillies AND Puppies! So sweet!

I'm considering this an early visit for Easter of 2013...so I'm not, technically, late.