Thursday, April 5, 2012

Alphabe~Thursday "T"


It’s Thursday and that means another alphabet letter to feature. This week it’s the letter “T”.


T” is for Thinking. I’ve been cleaning my glass display case that houses my Fire King Royal Ruby Collection. I was delighted by the beautiful Red color as I was washing each piece by hand.

When I held each piece up to the light, all of the sudden I remembered I used to have a big red shooter marble the same color of red. When I picked up the last juice glass there it was…my marble! It was rolling around inside that small juice glass.


Did you ever play marbles as a kid?

We did all the time.

We Traded marbles.

We Treasured marbles.

We had marble Tournaments.

Those were simple Times.

(((s c r e e c h!!!))))

Okay yeh yeh I know.
No I didn’t grow up in the depression era.

And no I didn’t walk to school uphill both ways…in the snow…

But aren’t you glad I didn’t lose my marble?

I only have the one ya know.




~~~~~*~~~~~
Please take the time to stop by Jenny Matlock’s for more on the letter “T”. I bet she has all her marbles. Umm well maybe not all  of them. Please click here to find out: off on my tangent

That's all I could come up with this week.
Thanks for stopping by. ~Ames

P.S. I think I’m watching way too much cartoons with my granddaughter. I can’t get the “My Little Pony’s” tune out of my head.

19 comments:

Deb said...

Teehee! I'm glad you didn't lose your marble:) We didn't play marbles as children but I still have some that belonged to my uncle put up somewhere. Love those red glasses.

anitamombanita said...

Oh yeah. My brothers and I had quite a collection of marbles of all kinds. I used to love them. I have no idea what happened to them. Probably one of the boys ended up with them.

jeannette said...

Ah, great memories about trading marbles, especially the bigger ones! Have a great Easter weekend!

Gattina said...

Oh yes ! I played a lot with marbles and I often won ! Then I had a whole bag full of marbles of all colors !

mrs. c said...

I did not play marbles but I was a very big fan of JACKS! We played so many different games and had timed contests. We also loved to play with string and do all those tricks and hangman. We spent hours playing these fun games.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I'm glad you didn't lose your marble!!! I didn't play marbles as a kid, but I sure played jacks. Does that count?

Sue said...

We never got into the marble thing. We were all about jacks!

=)

karen@somewhatquirky said...

We never did marbles - just jacks, and long bike rides without worrying about being kidnapped or killed! I was raised with 4 sisters but had boy cousins that had marbles - maybe they were more of a boy thing??? Please be careful to not loose your last marble. Perhaps you should hide it away as you did before...

Viki said...

I never played marbles but my brothers did. When cleaning out mom's house, she still had a couple lol.

Ames said...

Hey I played Jack's too and string. Remember making Jacob's Ladder?

beckyp said...

great post visiting from jenny Matlock

Nonna Beach said...

That was so enjoyable Ames ! I was a hopscotch maniac, always searching for the best lager to use while playing. I was pretty good too !

Pondside said...

Oh dear - that's a nasty song worm to have in your head!
Yes, I played marbles, and so did my children....every spring...it was like a fever.

Annesphamily said...

I always played marbles and my kids did too! I love this sweet post!
I did not realize you did not know the story of the two quilts. I did several posts. Come visit soon. It was such a beautiful feeling to help these two families. My friend Koko from my office told me about Shannon and the whole thing just snowballed! Nezzy at Cow Patty Surprise filled me in on Crew's story. So the work and love is complete. I feel good. Now to find the perfect gifts for Suzanne (Colorado Lady) and Sue Collect In Texas Gal. Hmmm.....
Happy Easter! Hugs and Blessings Anne

The Paper Princess said...

What an awesome interpretation of T! Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by Create With Joy!

This week at Friendship Friday, we are sharing our Easter Plans with friends, old and new. I hope you'll stop by and join the fun!

Happy Easter from Ramona at:

Create With Joy
http://create-with-joy.com

Vicki/Jake said...

YES! I played, and won marbles when I was a kid. Made the boys mad:) Love your red glassware. And that you found your marble!

H said...

Oh yes, I played marbles. We had score targets to hit and tournaments on the playground. It was great fun. My sons both went through a phase of playing marbles too.

upinthecosmos said...

LOL, great post! Now put that marble back for safe keeping.... you definitely don't want to lose it!

Jenny said...

My little Pony, my little pony...ha!

I know that song...and the Dora song, too!

I'm really glad you didn't lose your marble! We played some as kids but I was never very good at it. Maybe if I would have had a cool red shooter like that...

Nah.

That wouldn't have helped!

Thanks for a terrific link to the letter T.

A+