Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thrifty Things Friday ~ #50





Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I have really really been into collecting small things this year. I almost feel ashamed to say that we built a bigger house and my closets are overflowing already.

Now I have limited my collectables to things I can theme out my hutch with. I have been looking for items to theme out for St. Patrick's Day. Here's my beauties this week.


The Forest Green Vase on the right was made by Anchor Hocking Glass Company $3, the little vase in the middle is marked Hoosier Glass 4 4063-C  and was .50 cents. The vase on the left has no markings but I don't care. I paid $1 for it and I intend to take an elderly friend two green tipped white Carnations this Saturday for St. Patrick's Day.
This sweet little rabbit was .50 cents. I haven't quite figured out what to do with him yet but I will find the perfect spot for him...or her.

I'm linking up with Diann for Thrifty Things Friday #50. Yup Five  Ohhhhh! Please stop by her Blog The Thrifty Groove and check it out. Click here:





 
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
~Ames

9 comments:

Bookie said...

The green glass looks Irish festive! I have a rabbit in my bathroom along iwth tea cups...maybe your rabbit will hope in to your bathroom.

Jo said...

Great finds Ames ... and the bunny is adorable, he will look great out at easter!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Love the green glass! It will also look great at Christmas time.
Cute Bunny!

Hugs,
Deb

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That bunny is a cutie! Love the green vases and you know I'm all about finding the little things to decorate with! hugs, Linda

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Love the Anchor Hocking vase!!! That forest green color always catches my eye. Love the bunny, too. You're ready for St. Patricks AND Easter!

Nonna Beach said...

Great finds Ames...love those vases !

I never used to celebrate St. Patrick's Day since I was told by my Mom years ago I had not one drop of Irish blood...she was so wrong...I have an ancestor who was born in Ireland in 1803...so now I say, Kiss me, I'm Irish and don't pinch because I'm wearing green tomorrow !!!

Sue said...

You always find great stuff, but it's the prices that never cease to amaze me.

Good work!

=)

Phyllis@Around the House said...

I would have that sweet rabbit too...what a deal...love your green glass...pretty enerald...love the color

Diann said...

Wonderful green glass vases Ames! I have a couple but, they seem to be harder and harder to find! And that little bunny is perfect for Easter and a great price! Thank you for sharing at TTF and have a wonderful week!