Saturday, March 17, 2012

Saturday Centus Week #98




This week Jenny Matlock gave us a total of 98 words, including the prompt,  and as many pictures as we want. The prompt is: “it was only ninety-eight cents.”  It will be in green…of course.

And now on to my contribution…..

~~~*~~~

I have been influenced by some wonderful thrifty bloggers.

All are in the festive St. Patrick’s Day mode.

How could I not jump in and join them?

Well I tried.

Check it out.

I stopped in the SPCA the other day. I wanted to find something green and well everything was pretty much picked over. But then I saw this green vase…..the one on the left…it was only ninety-eight cents.

I couldn’t pass it up!

Now I think my hutch is finally blinged out for
St. Patrick’s Day!
So what do you think?
Did I pull it off?
~~~*~~~

Well I did it! Ninety-eight words including the prompt! Please follow the rainbow over to Jenny Matlock's blog  off on my tangent. You'll never know what may be waiting for you there. Gotta go! I'm late for an important date!
Thanks for stopping by and  Éire go Brách ya'll!
~Ames

14 comments:

Sue said...

You certainly did! And I love how that green shows up on your hutch, too!!

=)

Nonna Beach said...

Wowee, that looks fabulous in your lovely hutch...so festive for St. Patrick's Day !!! ( never know when a bargain is gonna help you write a Centus afterwards...*WINK* :D

Karen S. said...

A+++++++++++++ You pulled it off perfectly with a touch of the Irishness for us all. I just know your lovely items will share the spotlight and space for today! But then it's out of their territory! Another Great centus, very well done.

Bookie said...

This is gorgeous, Ames. The green is lively and fresh, just right. But I LOVE all that white and know it looks great when you take the Irish away. Just lovely white pieces....

anitamombanita said...

I'd say you not only pulled off the Saturday Centus but you're ready for some corned beef and cabbage and a party!! Happy St. Patty's Day!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

I'd say you did it! The hutch looks great, I have a collection of colored glass vases too. Happy St. Patty's Day:@)

Jo said...

You totally pulled it off !!! Your hutch looks wonderful!!! Happy St Patricks day to you!!!

bluegrassnotes said...

Very festive -- nice use of the prompt.

Melody said...

Just lovely!
♥Merrie Melody

Crack You Whip said...

The green makes everything pop, looks amazing!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

You rose to the occasion....and you rocked the centus too! :-)

Judie said...

Good one, Ames! I find that I type much better when I don't wear punative underwear, so today you can call me "Erin-Go-Bra-less!"

Jim said...

Congratulations, Ames! Good job!
And great looking display on your hutch for St. Paddy's Day also.

I am sorry I am so late in returning your comment of March 3. I really don't like to get my posting ahead of comment answering but I sure did this time.
..

Jenny said...

Love that hutch of yours! And how cute it look all blinged out for St. Patty's day!