Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday Centus #96~ Saying Goodbye

Welcome! For this week's Saturday Centus Jenny has given us the prompt: Saying goodbye was harder than she thought...

The usual 100 words and any pictures we may like to include.

and now on to my contribution.....

~~~*~~~

Chelsea looked up at Jenny with the saddest brown eyes. Tears threatening to spill down her sweet dirt smudged cheeks.

“Will the new mister let me plant the flowers Mrs. Jenny?”

Jenny looked off to the place in the yard where the child always came to toil in the dirt. Saying goodbye was harder than she thought.

Your Hal-mu-nee   has agreed to let me build you a raised flower bed, so you can continue to grow flowers to put on your Uhm-ma’s grave.



The child bowed.

Jenny choked back the tears and resisted touching the child’s silky black hair.


I will miss you Mrs. Jenny.

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~
Sniff sniff Bwaaaaahwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ((Honk)) sniff sniff.

Okay I am back. Please stop by Jenny Matlock's blog  ( off on my tangent )  I think she will need some consoling since she is moving this weekend.
((Honk))
Sniff
Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

14 comments:

Melody said...

So sad! I'm glad that the little girl gets to keep her flower garden.

Nice writing!
Melody
MerrieMelody.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Awww. Moving is always a hard thing, and I'm glad you were thinking of Jenny today.

=)

Anna said...

I'm glad someone is thinking about Mrs. Matlock. I think she must have her hands full right now.

Thanks for sharing.
Best wishes,
Anna
Goodbye Pierre - SCwk 96

Bookie said...

Goodbyes...never easy!

Karen S. said...

Oh Miss Jenny will love this...once she can see through the sad tears in her eyes of being completely over worked and under paid right! Great writing...sniff, sniff!

anitamombanita said...

Good one Ames!! You're a thoughtful friend!

Koby said...

Very sweet story for this week's prompt. Moving is hard, usually harder than we think it will be.

Great job!

Once Upon an Equine said...

That poor little girl; so much loss in her life. And now Jenny is leaving her too. But the flower garden will provide comfort. Very sweet story and nice inclusion of prompt, pictures, and Jenny's busy week.

anitamombanita said...

and p.s. thanks for your very kind comment. :)

janaki nagaraj said...

Touching.

bluegrassnotes said...

Moving take on the prompt. Nicely done.

writetuit said...

Sad and sweet. I'm glad she will get to continue with her flowers.

Judie said...

Heraclitus said, "It is in changing that we find purpose."

Yeah, I know I'm a smart-ass, but you still love me, Ames!!!

Jenny said...

Oh Ames.

This was really sweet. And sad.

And I am so glad I am reading it now and not on the week when I was actually saying goodbye to my house.

Wow.

Sniff.

Sniff.