Sunday, March 18, 2012

An Old Fashioned Game Night


Don’t you just hate it when you teach someone to play a card game and they whoop yer butt?

Lately I have been in a card playing mood.

The hubs and I enjoy each other’s company so…..

So I thought I would teach him a game I learned from my neighbor and her sister.

It’s called S & M.

Oh don’t you go there!!!

Tisk…Tisk

“S” stands for Spite….

And

“M” stands for Mallace.

“S” & “M” for short.

And let me tell you what…

I thought my husband was acting like he was confused but I have since found out (after losing 6 games the first night and 6 the next night) that my dear sweet confused husband was using sneaky strategy on me.

Here I was reminding him to play certain cards and he was winning every game.

Well here’s what I have to say about that….

The Gloves Are Off Buddy!!!!

You!

And

Me!

Tomorrow night…

At the round table in the kitchen.

Bring it!



Do you sit glued to the TV every night or do you shut it off and have a good old fashion game night?

~Ames

7 comments:

BECKY said...

Sounds like fun! I've never heard of that game. The Ronalda and I play Scrabble once in a while, and I recently bought a new deck of Uno, which we used to play. We have a couple of friends who also like games and having a Game Night. THAT is fun!!

BECKY said...

P.S. Would it be difficult for you to post the rules to S&M? Sometimes it's hard to find a game for just 2 players.

Viki said...

I thought for sure you were going to say the card game included the "quirt" tisk..tisk. My mind went right there, lol.

Jo said...

I love visiting my parents and sitting and playing cards ... usually a game called "oh hell" but also crib ... so much fun and so much more entertaining than tv!

Nonna Beach said...

I like me a good old fashioned game night with our kids. My Hubs is so beat after work, he usually falls asleep after dinner in his chair.Tonight, no T.V. we're playing Scrabble...thanks for the kick in my patootie Ames !!!

Ames said...

Becky: I posted the game rules.
Vicki: I'm placing you in time out!
Jo: I played Cribbage for the first time with a friend. I still don't understand it.
Nonna: You strike me as a Family Game player! :)
It's all wholesome fun!

BECKY said...

I just noticed you posted the rules, just 'cause I asked! Wow! Thanks, Ames! I'll print it and start studyin'!