Saturday, March 3, 2012

Fun in the Sun


Florida


The Sunshine State
My Home.
The warm sun shining down on my head
The cool breeze tickling my skin
and carrying the scent of orange blossoms
from a nearby  tree a buzz with bees
partaking the sweetness from the blooms
My girlfriend and I walk,

giddy with anticipation,
to the cool clear aqua pool,
eager to dip in  it’s refreshing liquid.
We disrobe our cover-ups and toss our shoes.
Ah the moment we’ve been waiting all winter for.
Slowly I lower my foot down to the water and

((((What the heck!!!))))
There is no way I am going in that icy water!!!
Thanks a lot Barbette!
You said the water was warm!!!
.
Well?
.
.
Sigh.
Never trust a northerner!
They think 57 is swim suit weather.
:I

5 comments:

Tina´s PicStory said...

sweet tiny flower :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Funny and oh so true! Burr to that temp for me also! Happy Saturday! hugs, Linda

Viki said...

LOL, that's how I felt in Vegas when the temp was 59. It seemed warm to me. Although I wouldn't have trusted the water at that temp, ha.

JJ said...

As you know, I am a transplant from New Hampshire, where I thought nothing of chopping wood in shirt sleeves in 20 degrees below weather. After ten years in sunny Florida, I am now a weather wimp at 70 degrees above!

Annesphamily said...

Nifty post girl! Loved it!