Friday, March 23, 2012

Alphabe~Thursday "R"

Welcome to another week of Alphabe~Thursday. This week is about the letter "R"


There’s been a lot of R’s in my life.

 I was born and Raised in the South. And Florida is as far south as you get for an American.

Actually my little town didn’t even have a hospital and my father drove my mother to Rockledge almost 40 miles away to the nearest hospital.

That takes grit and endurance and mom had both!

I was born with Red hair…still have it only it’s not Bozo The Clown Red anymore. (Thank God!)  Yup that’s Really me…and I Really think I’m carrying a load. (Story of my life.)


I like a good story. I Read a lot as a child…still do only now I can’t see without my Reading glasses. (Can’t hear without them either)

As I was walking my two spoiled Rotten Chihuahua’s today….
We saw a giant Rat Snake!
We let him have the Right of way. I don’t like snakes!! But I Respect their rights to be on this earth.

Speaking of earth…we went to see John Carter, the movie, not of this earth! Usually I have problems adjusting my eyes in the dark….Well this time I didn’t have any trouble Recognizing my husband and brother-in-law, Robert, in the dark movie theatre….. they looked like two Q-Tips on a field trip.


~~~*~~~

This concludes my Ramblings about the letter “R” Please Report to Jenny Matlock’s  blog off on my tangent for more Alphabe~Thursday “R’s”.



Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

18 comments:

Jo said...

oh that rat snake looks terrifying ... i have a slight fear of snakes ... and your little chihuahuas were smart to leave it alone! and your hair was so pretty as a child ... it also looks pretty darn good right now ... but the nose ... i cant say the same about the nose ;)

Jesh StG said...

You can't hear with your glasses anymore? I like that one -hilarious!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

You respect a rattle snake's right to be on this earth? My fear overrides any trace of respect I can muster.

This was a clever post, Ames!

Deb said...

You know, I can't hear without my contacts on either...or think. The red hair in beautiful.

upinthecosmos said...

2 Q-tips on a field trip..... LOL!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

The photo of you as a baby is a hoot! Love your R post! hugs, Linda

Sue McPeak said...

Really Ames...R U A Riot R what??!! Rat Snake Respect...omg...I had a Run in with a 5ft Really Big Bull Snake a few weeks ago at an old cemetery. I think it was paying its Respects...I was Respecting its Right to do so. Got a couple of good pictures...will have to show soon. Great Letter R post.

anitamombanita said...

Feeling a little rambunctious, are you, Ames? Well done. I hate snakes but also respect their right to be here...so long as they respect mine and cut me a wide berth! :)

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You're a Riot!!! Fun post!!!

Nezzy said...

Oh Miss Ames, I love your rowdy ramblings 'bout the letter R.

The pic of your men in the theater cracked me up....what a hoot!

Have yourself an awesomely blessed weekend sweetie!!! :o)

Sue said...

Loved your remarkable ramblings.

=)

Judie said...

Those certainly are a lot of "aw's" as Jenny's youngest grandlittle says! Such a way you have with words, Ames. Incidentally, I have sprayed my armpits with hairspray more than once, and the can was written in English!!!!

Annesphamily said...

Right on, removing yourself from the revenge of a snake! I never trust 'em! They remind me of politicians!
Great post Ames!

KDL said...

What a pretty snake! Sounds like you and the letter R go way back.

Splendid Little Stars said...

enjoyed your letter R Ramblings! You were one cute red head!

beckyp said...

cute baby picture

Betty (picture circa 1951) said...

Loved the Q-tips!

Jenny said...

I know there was a lot of really funny stuff in this link but I'm laughing so hard over the Q-tips...

Geez.

Thanks for the laugh.

And the laugh over the diaper picture!

And the laugh over the red nose!

You're wonderful Ames!

I really, really like you!

A+