Friday, February 10, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award


I have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award from Kathy over at  Moving On To The Past .  I am honored to receive this award. A big Thank You to Kathy Felsted Usher. And Now, it is my turn to pass on this award to 15 worthy bloggers. I wish I could have sellected all my followers. Everyone is special to me.

Here are the RULES for the Versatile Blogger Award-

1. Add the award to your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
3. Mention seven random things about yourself. (see below)
4. List the rules.
5. Award to 15 bloggers.
6. Inform each of those 15 by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are seven random things about me...

1. I'm a Christian and I'm a sinner. I'm not perfect but I believe God loves me anyway.
3. I love to play cards, drink spirits, but  I don't smoke.
4. I was the first female in my hometown to work in an all male profession.
5. I'm afraid of heights and I can't swim.
6. I've jumped out of a 5 story building and survived.
7. My favorite color is green and I think it's one of God's favorite colors too.

To complete the process I have compiled my list of 15 blogs that I know you'll agree are worthy of this honor too. Each of these blogs contribute something special to our little blogging community and each of the bloggers behind these blogs offer their unique perspective and experience on many complex issues that are important to me. Since I have to choose, here are my VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARDEES, not in any specific order cause I love'em all equally..

1. Jenny Matlock off on my tangent She's my writting mentor. She is supportive, and has a crazy  fun-loving  personality. She hosts a writing meme titled Saturday Centus and  a fun Linky titled Alphabe~Thursday. She is so down to earth I feel like I have known her a long time.

2. Judie from Rogue Artists I think she is my alter ego. I wish everyone knew her. She really is a talented artist and she cracks me up with her sense of humor. The kind that makes you shoot wine out your nose!

3. Diann from The Thrifty Groove .  She has a neat linky party where you can share all your nifty thrifty finds with other bloggers that also love thrifty things! All my life I have had to be thrifty. It feels so good to know that there are others out there that are thrifty too! Some for pleasure and some out of necessity.

4. Sue over at Collectin Texas Gal I share a lot in common with Sue. We both were Drum Majorettes in High School.  We both collect Early American Prescut glassware. We both quilt. We both love old things. We both dabble in Geneology.

5.  Linda  from  ALaCarte Now here's a gal that collects! She has an eye for some nifty vintage finds and constantly themes out her little cubbies. She has a knack for setting a pretty table with plates she finds all over. She is an inspiration to me and she has the sweetest grandson Tiger.

6. Sherry over at Back to Vintage . Sherry is another collector with an eye for some great vintage finds.  She collects Pyrex and one of the neat little things I like about her blog is she while show you something and ask if anyone knows what it is. It's a Whatzit.

7. Sue over at Sue's News and Views . This woman can crank out phenominal poems in no time flat. I wish I had her ability to write  and rhyme words. She is totally amazing!

8. Deb over at Howdy from Cowtown. Deb has some of the best recipes and she shares them with everyone. I have made several of her dishes and my family and in-laws love them. She has one cute and  hairy dog Gus and Deb is a Texan through and through.

9.  Becky over at Writer Searching For Bliss. Becky is a fellow writer with the same love for the written word as I have. Becky loves to write and read and she has one sweet dog named Vern. She is currently participating in A Month of Letters, keeping the written word alive through letters.

10. Aint For City Gals : Now this gal can redo a small vintage travel trailer that will make you green with envy. I am, I always wanted one.

11. Tom from Sophisticated Lunacy . I wish Tom had more time to write. He always comes up with some hilarious stuff. This guy always has something to say and like E F Hutton, everyone should stop and listen (or in this case read).

12. Robyn over at Life by Chocolate .  She will keep you in stitches with her eternal quest for a date.

13. P J at Scenes from the back of my Eyelids  Her humor is never ending.  Life is too darn short for the mundane.

14. Sharon over at The Woodwife's Journal This woman really know her natural remedies. She grows, harvest, and gathers herbs  for wonderful vintage herbal remedies. She calls it Wildcrafting.

15.Nonna Beach over at Tasty Tales She will get you started on Couponing and fill in the blanks on any questions you may have.

9 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the award, Ames. Much appreciated!

=)

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Thanks so much, Ames. I'm in great company too. I have to keep looking for a date to keep my blog going, don't I? Crap.
xoRobyn

BECKY said...

Hi Ames! Thank you so much for thinking of me. I had fun reading about your other nominees, too. I already know about half of them, or more! Have a great day!

Deb said...

Gus and I thank you for the award! We are pleased that you thought of us.

You know it's never too late to learn to swim. You should do it!

Bookie said...

Congrats, Ames! We are reading a lot of the same blogs...wow, we soon may not be able to dust for reading blogs! Ha-ha...oh, what was that male profession?

Diann said...

Thank you for your kind words! That was very sweet of you.

Ames said...

For some reason unknown to me I can not email or even visit Sharon aka The Woodwife's Journal to tell her about her award. So if anyone else can I'd appreciate it.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You are so kind to think of me! Thanks!!!

Wanderer said...

Thank you so much! I've "met" some of these folks through Jenny's linkys! I'm sorry that you had trouble connecting with me...makes me wonder why. Jenny mentioned the same problem a while ago but eventually got through...puzzling. You are so kind to think of me and I'm glad you enjoy pondering my meanderings with me!