Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Centus #92~ Two Peas in a Pod.


Welcome to Saturday Centus #92. Jenny's life is off kiltered right now so she is using prompts offered up by another fellow Centusian, Nonna Beach of Tasty Tales

This week the prompt is "Two peas in a pod" and the word count is still 100 plus the five words for the prompt.

now on to my contribution......



Mozell Pease and Delilah were inseparable since the day they met in Elementary School.

He shortened her name to Dee, she shortened his to Mo. They were like two peas in a pod.

Always together, they married after graduation and made it through 12 sons, 18 grandchildren, 6 great grandchildren  and 60 years of wedded bliss, a whole  lot of lovin’ went on in that union.

The day Mo Pease died, Dee’s zest for life ceased to exist.

One year to the day, Dee Pease was finally laid to rest alongside her beloved husband.

Their headstones read:

 The Pease are no longer in the pod.”
~~~*~~~
This is how my mother comforted us at the death of my beloved  Mamaw Lena on January 6, 1969.  She died on the 6th, was buried on the 9th in the year 1969. She was 69 years old and she died the day before my little sister's 7th birthday. It was very hard on us. The first time we experienced death. Mom would say "The pea is no longer in pod but gone on ahead to wait for us to join her in heaven." It eased our pain.
Please stop by Jenny Matlock's blog ( off on my tangent ) There's more peas over there creating more stories about this prompt.
~~~*~~~
Thanks for stopping by! ~Ames

17 comments:

Sue said...

Not only do I love your story, but I love the story behind it!

=)

writetuit said...

What a lovely tale. And it's true that when couples are together for so many years, sometimes they just can't live without the other.

Pondside said...

I loved the back story!

Bookie said...

Very sweet rendition of the prompt today, Ames.

Scribbler said...

A nice way to explain things to little kids. Wise woman your Mamaw.

Thanks for stopping by. Your daughter is on the right track. In my last house, when we first moved in about 17 years ago, I painted the laminate counters and it lasted for 3 or 4 years. I just put another coat of sealer on about one a year. Then I tiled them myself, once again, right over the existing laminate. I never changed them after that. I think that kitchen had far more character then the one I have now.

ETS

Nonna Beach said...

Sweet little story Ames and your personal, real life story just adds to how wonderful it is !!!

BTW, thank you for the linky love :D

anitamombanita said...

How very sweet. I loved this.

Karen S. said...

What a sweet way to ease the pain ...thanks for sharing such a deep story from your past...

Vicki/Jake said...

Sweet memories here, along with some giggles:)

Jo said...

Ames this had humour and yet was so sweet. I love that you used a personal experience.

Judie said...

Ames, what a sweet, sweet story. She must have been a sweet pea.

xoxo

Anna said...

Dear Ames,
How generous! You have given us TWO wonderful stories!
I love them both!
Best wishes,
Anna
'Parent-teacher meeting' Anna's SC wk 92

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Good Morning. I wanted you to know that I love your blog and have awarded you the
Versatile Blogger award! You can go over to my site, Moving On To The Past, to receive your award. Thank you again. http://movingontothepast.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award-and-awardees.html

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

Ames, this was sweet...and the 'afterward' was touching.

Pondside said...

I've just come back because I've read Judie's Loveable Kids post - you were a cutie!

Esther Joy said...

What a sweet story! And what a tender way to handle the first experience with death!

Jenny said...

Ames, this is the sweetest post.

I'm sitting here all teary eyed. What a wonderful story this was to share.

You are just as sweet as you a-PEA-r to be!

I love, love, loved this!