Friday, January 20, 2012

Thrifty Things Friday


Today is Friday and I am joining up with Diann from The Thrifty Groove for Thrifty Things Friday. I love having the opportunity to share the nice things I find deeply discounted at Thrift Stores and retail stores.

While I am not a “keep up with the Jones” type of person, I can admire the nice things that people with unlimited incomes can afford to buy while I wait for them to be discounted or donated for resale at charitable thrifts.  That way my purchasing power is twofold. Thrifting enables me to purchase those nice items at a drastic discount and it helps the needy, whether it is animal or human, I just feel good about it. Thrift stores also provide good jobs to those in need of employment. The people that I encounter are always so nice and helpful. So Kudos to the Thrift store employees!

This past week I drove an elderly friend to Melbourne for an eye appointment. We always do lunch and visit the two Thrift stores on our route. This week I found a nice little long sleeve shirt for grandson #6. The brand is Chaps and I think he will look like a little man in it. And he’ll be warm too. I paid $1.34 for it.



The next item I found was this little denim dress for my granddaughter. She can wear it now if my daughter puts her in a long sleeve turtle neck and leotards. It too was $1.34. (Sorry the photograph is kind of blurry.)
At the second Thrift store we stopped at I found this sweet little kitty for 90 cents. It is a Goebel figurine. Now I have two. When my older sister was stationed in Germany, she sent home little Goebel figurines for my daughter. Now I can add to her collection.

Yesterday was BOGO on books at the SPCA. I found all of these books for $3.71. Cha~Ching! You can't even buy a new book for that price and there was something for everyone.

Well that’s it for my bargains this week. I’ll have to do some more purging of unused items to be able to bring home anything else. That’s the rule! Do you want to be inspired? Stop by Diann’s blog . You can get there by clicking on this link:  http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/2012/01/thrifty-things-friday-42.html

Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

8 comments:

Bookie said...

Oh great...I can comment...I held my breath!

Such good things you found! Hey, I found a goodie today too. One...Stephen King on Writing, hard back and never used...$2!!!!!

Ames said...

Bookie: Score!!! Glad you can comment too!~Ames

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

You DID score!!! Great thrifty
finds...love the Goebel cat!!!

Sue said...

Boy, you really made out!!

=)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ames you found some great deals! I always look for clothes for Tiger and books! Love the Goebel cat, so cute! hugs, Linda

Kathleen said...

Good hunting! The denim dress is so cute, and yes, can be worn now right into summer!

Mary Ellen said...

Great bargains this week! Don't you just love thrift stores!!!!

Diann said...

What fun finds! I love finding my little girl clothes at thrift stores. Kids never have the chance to actually wear anything out so there is always great bargains to be found! And great score on all the books! Thank you for joining TTF and have a great week!