Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday Centus #88~The Secret

Hi all. I'm back for Centus this week and I think Jenny picked a strange one. But I'm up for the challenge. I needed a push to jump start my writing again, just not off a cliff.

The prompt this week is: "Hanging off a cliff " and the word count is 104 total.

Here's my take......

The Secret



~~*~~


Already struggling with her marriage, Midge Sherwood couldn’t tell Barbie, let alone Allan. Barbie would surely put two and two together and figure things out. She was good at that, always knowing Midges business, and that would push Midge's marriage to the edge.



“What to do, what to do?” Midge felt like she was at the end of her rope, hanging off a cliff!


“Some Happy Family I’ve created.” It was hard enough on Allan to make ends meet after Ryan and Nikki came along.


“Now I’ll lose my job at Wal-Mart and Barbie won’t speak to me when she finds out that I”…….

~~*~~

Stay tuned next week for this cliff hanger. Please stop by Jenny Matlock's bog (off on my tangent) and see how many Centusians went over the cliff. You can get there by clicking on this link:

Until next week~Ames

14 comments:

Christine said...

oh, what could it be? Nice cliff hanger.

Viki said...

I think I might have an idea of what it might be. We'll see next week LOL.

Sue said...

heehee

Never knew Barbie and Midge had so much drama in their lives!

;)

anitamombanita said...

Is that a maternity dress that Midge is wearing? Or is that Barbie? I always get so confused. But can't wait to hear what scandalous thing is going on in their neighborhood! heehee. Nicely done!

Judie said...

This is just hysterical genius, Ames!! Anita thinks that Midge might be pregnant, but I've seen Ken and Allen naked, and there is JUST NO WAY!!!

Tracy said...

I also think she is pregnant

Rek said...

Such is the life of celebrity dolls...secrets to keep in their swanky closets....wonderful and brilliant...

Anna said...

Dear Ames,
What fun to use Barbie-dolls! Great idea! Love it! Can't wait to read part two!
Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's SC Week 88 Cliffhanger

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Now we're all hanging off that cliff!!! Great story!

hensrule said...

Hi Ames,
You write the book and I'll purchase it for our library! :)
Dorothy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my...something else to worry about! heehee! You are a born story teller, my friend! ♥

Jo said...

OMG i am so buying the book!!! Ames, this is just so good on so many levels ... can't wait to see what next week brings!

Nonna Beach said...

I love it when Barbie is involved in a cliffhanger...so clever and fun Ames !!!

Jenny said...

I always sensed tension between my Barbie and Midge dolls.

Now I am starting to understand.

Okay, I'm really not understanding, but I will when I read part two!

Aren't you clever!!!!!