Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Centus #88 Part 2~The Secret

It's here! The conclusion of The Secret. If you haven't already read Part 1 you can click here to catch up: http://rivahchick.blogspot.com/2012/01/saturday-centus-88hanging-off-cliff.html

You know, there are always two sides to every story. Best thing is to know both sides before one jumps to the wrong conclusion.

and now on to Part 2 of The Secret.......

~~~~*~~~~


…didn’t tell her I was secretly going to Ken’s office.

“Ken said we can be discreet until we know about the sex. I just hope Allan will be as excited about the new baby as I am. Barbie and Ken will be perfect God Parents.  And Ken’s an awesome Pediatrician.”

~~~~*~~~~
There. Were you thinking the worst of dear old Midge? Shame, shame shame. Midge and Barbie were the dolls of my youth. They were good wholesome fun for little girls in the 50's and 60's. Our mother's took pride in sewing new stylish outfits for our dolls and we often played in groups and traded their clothes back and forth. Oh the wardobes and accessories they had were so stylish and groovy.

I kept Midge until my own daughter was old enough to play with her. Too bad she traded Midge's head, with her perfectly styled shoulder length red hair in a flip, for a blonde non-Mattel doll head. Oh well. Once you give something to someone it is their's to do with as they please. No sense crying over spilled milk. Right? Too bad though. She probably  would have been worth a pretty penny  by now.
Well there you have it. I must say Jenny messed with my story by limiting the conclusion to just 50 words, but (( Ha Ha)) I pulled it off anyway!
Why don't you read the conclusions of other Centusians stories today. If blogger isn't being too tempermental. Pop on over to Jenny Matlock's  blog (off on my tangent) You can get there by clicking on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2012/01/saturday-centus-hanging-off-cliff.html
Thanks for stopping by my blog!~Ames

14 comments:

Nonna Beach said...

Oh, how I love this...You did a fabulous job Ames ! I too always think the best of Midge and have many of the same fond memories as you playing with my Barbies.

I gave mine to my younger cousins and when my daughter gave her daughter the collection I saved ever so carefully, they all got wrecked but dolls are to be played with and worn out anyway !

Sue said...

I just knew Midge wouldn't let us down!

;)

Daydreamertoo said...

LOL Jenny really made us work this week didn't she!

In answer to your question: The Northumberland Strait freezes up during the coldest months, apart from at it deepest in the middle. Once spring arrives and temps begin to climb back up the ice all begins to break up and the water begins to free flow again. I took that video a couple of years or so ago, I don't know how much it has changed since then but, the harbour where we live now still freezes up each year too. Thanks for your interest.

Judie said...

You scare me! You made Barbie and Ken way too real! Did Midge get up and walk around your room at night??? Just wonderin'!!!

anitamombanita said...

Wow, Ken became a pediatrician, eh?! I always knew he'd go places...LOL. Nicely done!

Deb said...

I'm able to leave a comment today, Yeah! I wasn't able to the other day when you had part 1 up. Anyway...I admit, I was thinking the worst of Midge. Glad to see she hasn't lost her wholesomeness (is that a word?) My sister and me played with Barbies ALL the time when we we young. Oh the adventures that they had!

Jo said...

I am so glad it all turned out well for Midge ... and oh i used to love playing with my Barbie and Midge ... what fun memories!

KellyMellyBoBellyBananaFanna said...

good for midge!

DearHelenHartman said...

That was fun - but since I didn't know the set up it was even MORE fun, esp when I saw they were going to keep quiet about the sex!

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

OMGosh...I just knew Ken would be a Gynecologist...with the talk of Sex! Ames...your such a great BS story teller....I love it girl!

I see you solved Bloggers Threaded Comment Thingy by changing the EMBEDDED option to the POP UP Option. It caught up with CollectInTexas Gal today...I switched to FULL PAGE. All's well...til they start messin' with stuff again.

Ames said...

I still can't leave comments on a few bloggers pages. If you are reading this then perhaps you should change from Embedded to Pop Up or Full page for comments. I've been by your blogs and when I click on Comments to leave one all I get is a black page. Until then I will keep trying to leave a comment!~Ames

Nezzy said...

My Midge and Barbie always had long drawn out battles of who was gonna marry Ken.

Poor fella was always stuck in the middle. Heeehehehe!

Great story sweetie even if Miss Jenny did mess with ya settin' up limits and all!

God bless ya and have a magnificent day Hon!!! :o)

Annesphamily said...

I love Midge!

Jenny said...

Ahhh...I thought that was a maternity dress!

Cute ending.

Official apology and word redemption tomorrow!

I hope.