Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My Take~ War Horse


My dear husband is pretty picky these days when it comes to sitting two hours and fifty minutes in a movie theatre. But he said he really wanted to see War Horse.

 I hesitated to see it because it was about war.

Well right off let me say if you’re going….bring tissues!!

I can’t remember the last time my face twisted up and the tears and snot flowed like rain over a movie!

There were only three people in the theatre (we went to the late show Sunday night) and I was the one with red swollen nose, and puffy red eyes.

I’m very sensitive when it comes to the special bond between man/woman and animals. If you are an animal lover then you know what I am talking about.

Most people don't believe that animals are intellegent or have a soul. Well I do. This film shows that animals are sensitive, they feel pain, they show affection and they can remember.

I love horses. They are such beautiful creatures! And seeing them in distress, well it distresses me and my husband.

My husband and I change the TV channel when we hear Sarah McLaughlin start to sing “In the Arms of an Angel.” It tears us both up. We can’t stand to see any animal abused. And this brings me back to the movie.

For the life of me I couldn’t understand why he would want to sit through War Horse, knowing him like I do.

Would I recommend you see War Horse?

Absolutely!

The end was the best part!

~Ames

5 comments:

Deb said...

I'll have to see that one in the privacy of my own house. I'll be blubbering all the way through. Every time I watch anything sad I end up having to change my contacts. The tears seem to ruin them. LOL! I can't get the hubby to go to a movie at all. I used to go on my days off by myself but haven't since I've been unemployed. Not sure why...

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I know I want to see this movie! I love stories like this. Glad you enjoyed it. hugs, Linda

Nonna Beach said...

I totally agree on your love and the nature of animals. They do have souls and I love them all. Wonderfully said Ames !

I cried a lot on every reading of "Black Beauty" as a child and adult, I'll be a red nosed, weeping mess on this one too. Thank you for the lovely, heartfelt review ( I too shall watch it at home when it goes to DVD )

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Thanks for the review! I'll definately be seeing this at home with a box of Kleenex. You've never seen such a lot of bawling and snotting when I get started!

Since I had a cowboy daddy who taught his children to ride before they could walk...well...you know...this movie sounds like a TwoBox Tissue Show!

Jo said...

yeah, i don't think i could watch this ... i just know i would be a blubbering mess ... and would feel it for days ... i think i will let this one pass ... and the Sarah M commercial ... same here ... heck i can barely say "No" to my own little pup ...