Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Take ~One For The Money


I thoroughly enjoyed this movie!

A must see if you are a Janet Evanovich fan, which I am! J

The movie is based on Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum Series. The movie is considered a comedy /suspense /thriller but it was just plain hilarious!

Katherine Heigl plays the perfect Stephanie Plum. She is the ditsy sexy ex~ lingerie sales clerk trying to make money as a Bail Bond recovery agent in “The Burg” of New Jersey. Katherine Heigl is to Stephanie Plum what Med Ryan was to Kathleen Kelly in You’ve Got Mail!

Jason O'Mara plays the sexy cop Joe Morelli. I didn’t recall ever seeing him in anything else prior to this movie until I Googled him. He has played in numerous shows that I watch from time to time (CSI, Criminal Minds, The Closer, and Grey’s Anatomy to name a few). I just never put his face to a name. Regardless, he’s got a baby face sexiness about him and you can cut the sexual tension between Plum and Morelli with a knife. The chemistry between the two characters works well.

Daniel Sunjata, (Grey’s Anatomy) plays the handsome mysterious bounty hunter, Ranger…..well he was just grrrrrrlllll yeh baby! He is one lean sexy testosterone exuding man!

Sherri Shepherd (The View) plays the lovable colorful buxom hooker Lulu.

Debbie Reynolds plays Grandma Mazur. I love Debbie Reynolds but since I have been reading the series, I have pictured Grandma Mazur as the character Yeta Rosenburg (from the Nanny).

If you have never read a Janet Evanovich book, rush out to your local library and start with “One for the Money.”  Evanovich has 18 books in the Stephanie Plum series and each and every one will make you laugh out loud with every escapade of every zany character in each book. You won’t be sorry you read them.

I would definitely say this is a “Chick Flick” movie. Sorry guys!

The only thing I did not like about this movie was the Cinematography. While the movie characters and plot was great, the filming quality was that of a “B” grade movie. Perhaps the series will take off and the next movie will be filmed with a higher quality camera.

Oh just Go and See It!

Let me know what you think about it. ~Ames


3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the Stephanie Plum books and have read all 18 of them. I am looking forward to seeing this movie. I must admit I didn't see Debbie Reynolds as Grandma Mazur either but I like her so hope she does the part justice! hugs, Linda

Bookie said...

I have only read a couple of the Evanovich books, but I enjoyed them both...smooth and clever. Wish I could write like that!

Blogger said...

Get daily suggestions and methods for making THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS per day FROM HOME for FREE.
GET FREE ACCESS TODAY