Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I have a confession......




I have a confession!

I’m always saying "I want to write a book!"

But……

My dictionary is missing most of the “A” section.

It’s old, yellowed, crumbly, has crayon marks in it, it’s full of dog eared pages and it’s held together with a paperback book cover.

It was a rescue from my mother’s private stash of clipped Crossword puzzles from the Sunday papers.

Oh I’ve bought other dictionaries, but I keep reaching for this one.

I tried to use other dictionaries but the words I frequently mis-spell aren’t in them.

I know, I know! I can use spell check.

But I don’t trust spell check.

Do you?

My old dictionary is like a favorite pair of old shoes, well worn, soft and easy to shuffle through.

Heck, I just got it broke in.

I think I have a problem with change.

I think the word I’m looking for starts with an “A”. So I’m afraid I can’t look it up.

I’ll have to get back to you later.

~Ames




8 comments:

Deb said...

You should write a book. Really!

JJ said...

Ames: The word is averseness.

Annesphamily said...

You really need to write a book

Sue said...

You should write one!

=)

PS. I surprised myself by giving up using a "real" dictionary and thesaurus. Now I use the online versions. Never thought I'd go there...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I use google to search for words! I hope you're having a fabulous day my friend...and find all of the words you need! ♥♥♥

BECKY said...

You are toooo funny! You write the book...I will buy it!! :)

And hey...I know it's hard to change...I'm the same way, but you really need to have ALL the letters in your dictionary!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Take ACTION, Ames!!! We all want you to write that book...We'll buy it!!!

Jo said...

so ... do you need the dictionary to write the book??? and trust me ... spell check isn't always right ... at least not in my mind ... which is also not always right ... but thinks it is ...