Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Arrrgh! What a day.......

After babysitting my screaming  darling 9 month old granddaughter, who wasn’t interested in taking a nap, I left the strung out and wired for sound darling child with her dada and rushed home to cover my landscaping.
It is expected to freeze tonight.
Okay Okay...so it doesn’t snow like that here in Florida.
But, after replacing the plants from last year’s freeze ($$$$) I didn’t want to take a chance on losing the new plants to the elements again. Burrrr!!!
You know….I am a native Floridian… and I am just not used to such cold temperatures. Burrrr!!!!

In other words I have very thin blood! Burrrr (Burrrrrrr)



Well,….once that was all taken care of I poured myself a glass of much needed diet root beer.....

(now don’t tell me that you never drink a cold brewsky in cold weather)

…well, anyway I tried to open my office door while juggling a stack of mail and my glass of diet root beer, and dropped the beer (root). Arrrrgh!!!!!

(((Root beer flew everywhere! )))  :(

I am talking carpet, wood floor and walls, jammies and my toasty warm socks!

So here I am, 9:30 at night, shampooing carpet, mopping floors, washing walls and starting a load of wash and my hubby tells me the heater element in the dryer is shot.
Grrrreatt!! :(

I think I’ll go on to bed now before anything else happens


~Ames

7 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

oh my. You poor thing. Looks like you are getting the snow that we in Utah need. sorry to hear about your root beer disaster. ps: I think that our heating elements on our dryers must be frolicking somewhere together. Darn them.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

Sorry you had such a bad day! I'm notorious for spilling so I now use a double walled tumbler that has a top which screws on and a straw through it! Really, at home and work. The next best thing to an adult Tommy Tippy cup.

Bookie said...

Oh, this sounds like one of MY days!

Deb said...

Good grief! Sounds like a mess of epic proportions. I hope today goes a lot smoother for you:)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh Ames I have those kinds of days also! Grrr...
Must be something about 9 months that they don't want to nap...Tiger is like that also. Sigh...still we love the little darlings! Hope today is a better day. Hugs, Linda

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really is cold this morning! I hope you stayed warm all night and enjoy your day! No more beer...root..for you! heehee! ♥

Sue said...

oh dear

Hope things go better for you today!

"/