Friday, December 16, 2011

Thrifty Things Friday #34

I'm done with my Christmas shopping and wanted to share a few thrifty things I found and couldn't resist picking up.
 I found a shoe box full of old ornaments at GW for $2.99. I was just in an antique mall the other day and they wanted $3.00 each for the same old ornaments so I feel I came out ahead. If you can tell by enlarging  the picture, there's a tree topper, a few feather tree ornaments, and some old Shiny brites. I love old ornaments! And the dough /trough bowl was $1.00. It is heavy and  I think someone painted it, but I still like it. I have been looking for one to fill with all kinds of ornies. 
 This little angel caught my eye. She was  .69 cents. She's pink and the bell is etched with "Every time a bell rings, a faithful angel gets her wings." I picked her up for my new grandaughter.
This little elf was .10 cents and the little green Fire King vase was $1.00. I already have a collection of green Fire King but I couldn't pass on it.

 This little plate was originally sold by KMart and it was only .59 cents. I am going to use it for cookies to Santa(I went back and bought the remaining five plates. I found out the pattern is O ChristmasTree, ironstone, and made in the 80's)
I also found these brand new kitchen towels 5/$1.99 and the little package of brand new sizzors were .69 cents. 

I like shopping the thrift stores now and then. You never know what treasures you'll find.

I am linking up to Diann's Thrifty Things Friday


Do yourself a tremendous favor and go visit Diann's blog.

You'll be inspired. http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/2011/12/thrifty-things-friday-37.html


Thanks for stopping in. ~Ames.

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow you found some awesome deals! I have been looking for a dough bowl for awhile now and yours is an amazing deal. I'm also looking for an old topper for my tree! I also love that ornament for your Grandgirl! so sweet. hugs, Linda

skoots1mom said...

great deals...
i bought an entire box of handmade ornaments at a garage sale recently...love 'em
and my find this week @ the thrift store was a good one, too!
merry christmas

concretenprimroses said...

I love the ornaments!
Kathy

Diann said...

What great thrifty treasures you found! I love the old ornaments in the dough bowl. Your pink ornament is so sweet! Thank you so much for joining TTF and I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Annesphamily said...

Great deals! That elf is cute! I have a similar angel! SHe rings so I say that line when I hear the bell! rives the phamily nuts! LOL!