Saturday, December 17, 2011

Saturday Centus #85~Jenny's Catering

In the Kingdom of Oddities this would be considered normal. This week Jenny Matlock has selected this unusual picture to use as a prompt. No other pictures are allowed and only 50 little words may be used tell a story.

now on to my contribution.....
~~~~~~~~~



She had the idea to earn some big money,

But her creations turned out repulsive and funny.

Noses would wrinkle, soon laughter would ensue,

In the garbage they went, what else could she do?

She watched with amazement, mice singing with glee,

Laughing and dancing around her meat Christmas tree.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please stop by Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) and enjoy some other offerrings regarding this picture. Tell her I sent ya!


~Ames

15 comments:

Nonna Beach said...

LOL Hahahaha ! Ames...very cute and clever...we had similar take on this prompt for sure !

Viki said...

Your right ours are pretty similar. Although you noticed the tree was in the house and I didn't lol. But we both used the name Jenny, ha.

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahahaha. I really do think that Jenny needs an intervention. :)

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw the tree! What a HOOT!!! Your poem is perfect...what a GAG!!!!

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Oh...I almost forgot....Thanks for the card and Christmas Eve Tea. I loved 'The List'. Very heartwarming....thank-you!
Sue

Bookie said...

Well done, Ames, as we need to remember all the creatures on Christmas! They are special part of holidays, those tiny beasts. I just listened to the story of the spider and the fly for Christmas...lots of myths about the creatures we often forget!

Also, thanks for the lovely Christmas card that came in the mail! So nice and a great surprise!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

At least the mice are happy! Merry Christmas Ames:@)

Judie said...

I am so glad Rod got rid of that pack rat before he put up the tree! I would have a hole in my office wall for sure!! GREAT take, Ames!!!

anitamombanita said...

Perfect! Loved it!

Dazee Dreamer said...

oh no. don't feed the mice. I'm terrified of them. :)

Great job.

Gems said...

Good job! Those mice will be HUGE!!!

cj Schlottman said...

Love this, Ames! Someone has to feed the mice. Right?

Namaste........cj

Sue said...

heehee

NIce job, Ames!

=D

Annesphamily said...

Very good job here! I L O V E it!

Jenny said...

Darn!

How did you know my little meat Christmas tree business was a dismal failure?

Sigh...

Thanks for the laugh Miss Ames! This was fabulous!

And so are you!

Hope your 2012 is filled with creativity and joy!