Friday, December 30, 2011

The Last Thrifty Things Friday of 2011

It all started with this one little luncheon plate. I paid .59 cents for it at GW. I planned on using it to set out cookies  for Santa and I eventually went back to GW  for the other 5 plates.
Then on my third trip to GW the remainder of the set was still there. So I decided to buy the remaining pieces and I decorated my hutch this Christmas for my grandaughter. I hope to find a rocking horse and a goose toy to add to the hutch for next year.  



This pattern is called O Christmas Tree. It was originally sold in K Mart in the early 1980's

I am joining Diann over at Thrifty Things Friday. Stop by her blog and see what others have posted. You can get there by clicking on this link:  http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/2011/12/thrifty-things-friday-39.html  

Hope your Christmas was the best! Happy New Year too!~Ames

12 comments:

Bookie said...

Oh, you did well, Ames! Such a nice fiestive hutch. My problem with seasonal dishes is where does one store them all in the off season? And I love that white tea pot in the center of the tree plates.
Yesterday as I took down the bulk of Christmas, leaving a few winter red and whites, I took time to sort my tea cups. Found 13 I could scarafice in spring garage sale and yet still have a LOAD of cups around! Happy New Year, Ames!

Vicki/Jake said...

They must have sat there all that time, just waiting for you:)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a cute set of dishes! I am so glad you go them and they look so adorable in your hutch. I used to collect rocking horses when my girls were little. Hugs, Linda

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Yipeee...they were still there. Good for you and what a neat collection for your Sweet GrandGal. I started a Nutcracker Collection for my First GGal on her first Christmas 17 years ago, and add to it every year as do other Family Members. All of it is displayed every year for Christmas. Ya'll have a Happy New Year...we are going to celebrate HiHoney's Birthday and New Years Eve with all 4 Grands baking a BDay Cake, watching movies, eating popcorn and sleeping over. They will probably be the only ones staying awake to ring in the New Year. HiHoney crashes at 10 o'clock and it will take eyelid props to keep mine open. LOL!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, AMES!!!

Liz said...

The plates are just perfect and look lovely on your dresser.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Deb said...

The Christmas dishes are a nice find. I've always wanted some Christmas dishes but haven't let myself buy any yet. Maybe I'll run across a set at the second hand store:)

JJ said...

Happy New Year, Ames.

Diann said...

Oh, you sounds so much like me! LOL I think, "I only want one or two pieces of this set" and then the next couple of days I am still thinking about the rest of the set and go back and get it! This set is so fun and cheery and really looks perfect in your hutch! Thank you for being part of TTF and I hope you and your family have a very blessed 2012!

Sue said...

Just darling!

=)

Scribbler said...

Thank you so much for visiting! I see in your profile that you like to write -- I will be looking back through your blog with interest over the weekend.

The baker's rack as desk worked out well -- there is a post on my blog about painting the board for it.

Happy New Year!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love those Christmas plates! I'm so glad you went back and got the others! Great find! Happy New year! ♥

Jenny said...

Oh, oh, oh! I am lusting after that cupboard! ABsolutely beautiful!