Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Counting My Blessings

It’s here, it’s here!

The end of the year!

Times are hard. Most people can only concentrate on the worse things that happen to them and give very little, if any, recognition to the good things that happen in their lives. 
I challenge you to sit down pen in hand, write down the hard times you may have had this year and write down the good things that have happened to you this year.
Think about it.

I'll start for you......

My daughter lost her job just before going out on maternity leave. We've tried to help out as much as we can.

 
Good news is that she was eligible for unemployment and the new job she found 9 months later works around her husband’s work schedule and their children’s school schedules. And when it doesn’t there’s always grandma. That’s me! And I have a beautiful new grandaughter!

The value of my house dropped by $100,000 this year.

Good news is that the annual tax I pay on my home dropped by $1,000!

Our number two grandson was rushed to the hospital after the ATV (he was not allowed to be on) hit a tree and ejected him. He wasn’t wearing a helmet either.

Good news is he didn’t have a concussion and only needed stiches in his bottom lip and a root canal to save his front tooth. He learned a dangerous and painfully expensive lesson. He also learned just how much his family loves him.

Our oldest grandson plays Varsity football and pulled a hamstring.

Good news is they won 5 games and lost 1 game and he didn’t get hurt any worse than a pulled hamstring.

Our oldest grandson also plays the violin. My daughter had to stop his private lessons when she lost her job.

Good news is that the instructor felt our grandson was extremely talented and offered to instruct him at no charge. Our grandson ranked a Superior at Solo and Ensemble. We are thankful he didn’t hurt his hand, arm or elbow playing football.

December 3rd marked my 26th year of marriage to my best friend and husband who was diagnosed with Cancer in the year 2000. I am blessed that he is still here with me.

My fur child (dog) “Baby” has only had one seizure this entire year. She is so dear to me and I am blessed to have her.

I sleep in a warm bed at night.
 
 
I’m not hungry.
 
 
I can pay my bills.

I can go on and on and on….

So, is your glass half empty?
Or half full?



Can you count your blessings?


~Ames




6 comments:

Sue said...

What a great post, and I like your way of thinking!

=)

Bookie said...

Thanks for a nice wake up call right before the new year. A good exercise before a new beginning...and days with relatives, ha-ha! You are such a positive person.!

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

It's nice to read about the good things that come out of bad situations. A perfect outlook on life.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ames this is a great post! With all the 'bad' things that have happened this year I am sooooo blessed. A grandson I adore, children that are doing well and love their mama and I have my home and my friends and my family. Lots of love even if there isn't lots of money. hugs, Linda

Nezzy said...

Oh darlin, I've always been a glass half full and then some kinka gal.

I love the way you wrote the bad and good things that hit your family this year. Life is truly how ya look at it!!!

God bless and have a marvelous Christmas Season with your loved ones.

Congrats on 26 year with the love of your life!!!

Annesphamily said...

I like this! I like my glass half full! Always! Happy New Year to you and yours! You are truly blessed!