Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday "F" is for "Frou Frou"

I grew up in a 1,000 square foot house.



There were 3 bedrooms, and one bath.


Five females and one male.


Poor dad.


There was no such thing as privacy.


Our living room was truly lived in.


And small.


I dreamed of living in a house big enough to have a formal living room.


A room that was pristine and stayed that way for company, and the pastor on surprise visits.


A room that did not smell like wet tennis shoes and deviled egg farts.


Well I’ve got that formal living room now.


My husband calls it a “Frou Frou” room and he thinks he’s special because he takes his coffee in there and watches “The girls” (our fur children) bask in the ray of sunshine that comes through the window every morning.


I’m here to tell that the “Frou Frou” room is a waste of space!


All it does is collect dust.


And other junk we don’t know where to put.


And frankly I am tired of dusting it and redistributing all that junk to other rooms.


So my “F” for this Alphabe~Thursday is for the “Frou Frou” room, which means a fussy or showy dress or ornamentation.


And I am thinking about knocking down the wall between the great room and the “Frou Frou” room.


Then we can have one giant living room.


I have come full circle.


‘Cause I miss the smell of wet tennis shoes and deviled egg farts.


((((Not!))))
~~~
Thanks for stopping by. Please take the time to visit with Jenny Matlock over at her blog (off on my tangents). You can ride the short bus there by clicking on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/12/alphabe-thursdays-letter-f.html

~Ames

14 comments:

Sue said...

heehee

=)

PS. I do love the huge, all-inclusive great room concept. When we have all those church kids over here, I wish like anything I had that kind of set-up!

H said...

No Frou Frou room in my house - and not a lot of space or quiet either, now that eldest is back from Uni for the holiday :)

pchickki said...

You are so funny ! I had a Frou Frou room before I moved from CA to OR. Dust collector for sure. I don't have one now and don't miss it.

Steph said...

We had a froufrou room when I was a little girl, then just a great room; but Mom missed the parlor. She still has a lovely one today, and I cringe when my boys drop their shoes in it on their way from the front door to the kitchen. She is a true southern lady. Sounds like you have great plans for your space!

JDaniel4's Mom said...

We don't have any extra space! My husband would love a frou frou room.

anitamombanita said...

haha...too funny... I could have told you that. I feel the same way about formal dining rooms....they're just a waste of perfectly good space that could actually be used in a much more friendly and comfortable way!

beckyp said...

no frou frou room here I have a hard enough time trying to dust the rooms I already have

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh I know what you mean about those little 'living rooms' that no one uses. I like nice open spaces. No frou frou here! hugs, Linda

DearHelenHartman said...

My mom had a formal living room that no one went into. We were allowed, we just didn't wanna sit on crushed velvet and white satin. And we REALLY didn't wanna do no deviled egg fartin' in there. Thanks for the laugh. Now, go get the sledge hammer and take down that wall!

Judie said...

When my brother-in-law had deviled egg farts, he would pull the covers over my sister's head and say, "If you love me, you won't struggle!"

jen said...

I have a few spaces that I thought would be frou frou spaces. Until my seven children came along, and they've taken over every square inch.

Gattina said...

I don't know what a "frou frou" room means exactly, we have a big living room and there is a lot of stuff to dust !! Imagine with my 450 cats of my cat collection. I think a frou frou room must be cosy with all useless things ! and then the cats ...

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I know what you mean about the formal rooms. I'd knock the wall down too for that big living room or make it some type of specialty room depending on where it's located. A hobby room, game room, etc.

Jenny said...

The Fragrance of wet tennis shoes and deviled egg Farts is Fresh in my mind...

Thanks for the Fun link to the letter "F"!

Fantastic job...

Fond wishes For a Fabulous 2012!

A+