Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday Centus #82 Political Satire

Hello all, it's Saturday Centus time again. Last one of the month too! This time Jenny has thrown us a tough one. The usual 100 words, the above picture, and this prompt: "Would you like fries with that?"

I am breaking one of my own rules and that is to never discuss politics on my blog. I have been sucked into all of the Republican debates on TV and I can't help myself. I'll just go ahead and slap my own hand for you.

(((Whack! )))

There do you feel better?? :)

Now onto my contribution.....
~~~~~~~~~~
"Mr. Abel my name is Richard Poor and I am currently employed by Jack’s Tires, The Burger Shack, and I mow lawns on the side.
We want the jobs that were promised to us. What do you plan to do about that?"



"Well first off would you like fries with that too?"


Bah- rump-a-dump


“Mr. Abel, I have to work three part-time jobs just to feed my family, and there’s not enough money left over to meet my bills.”


“I guess you really do live in the“Poor” house!”


Bah- rump-a-dump


"Mr. Abel, we really don’t need your humor or more empty promises."


"Keep the change."

~~~~~~~~~~

Please stop by Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) and read more entries using this tricky prompt. You'll be glad you did. You can get there by clicking on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/11/saturday-centus-would-you-like.html
 
Thanks for stopping by!~Ames
 

11 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

I like that you spoke you mind today Ames......good for you.

xo

Jo

anitamombanita said...

Love those debates. There's material to keep Saturday Night Live going for a long time to come. But then again, I forgot, these are actual presidential debates...are you kidding me?! Sorry, couldn't help myself. I had to speak my mind too! ;)

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

The republican party and its give endless fodder to my man Jon Stewart.....and every other comic. Geez they all make Sarah Palin start to look, uh, um, good......mwahahahahahahahaha!

Rek said...

Felt like smacking that guy. Does real life imitate fiction or the other way round?....because this neat piece sounds like politicians the world over.

Judie said...

And the politicians said, "Ouch!" Not really! All they want is the power. Good one, Ames!!!

cj Schlottman said...

Ames, This is painfully uncomfortable and at the same time has a breath of humor. Thanks for reminding us who have jobs about the ones who don't.

Namaste..........cj

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I LOVE IT! This is dark humor at its most hilarious, Ames. I'd call it brilliant and I'm still giggling.
xoRobyn

Viki said...

Too true. Great job.

Sue said...

I like your little detour into politics! Well done.

=)

lulumusing said...

French fries to politics makes as much sense as anything else. I've been watching, or at least tuning in to, most of the debates. I don't know whether to laugh or cry! Pass the french fries please and don't forget the ketchup.

Jenny said...

Sad, but true.

Your little detour is so appropriate for what's going on in the world right now!

This was really well done.