Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday's "B" is for Brooches

Former US Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright got this serpent pin after Saddam Hussein called her a "serpent."
The Serpent Pin

Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright

Secretary of State Albright’s collection of costume jewelry pins, over 200, were found over time in flea markets and souvenir shops.
I love brooches, also called pins. I usually wear them on my velvet cloche hat during cold winter months. Her's had a secret meaning.
Mine? Not so much.

Don't forget to stop by Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) for other Alphabe~Thursday post. You can get there by clicking on this link: 

http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/11/alphabe-thursdays-letter-b.html

Mine is late but you can still read everyone else's.
Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

7 comments:

BECKY said...

Very nice! I love old vintage pins and have a few that I actually wear from time to time, too. I love the "voices" pin! :)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

I love pins too and have quite a collection of odd ones from about 15-20 years ago. I need to drag them out again. Thanks.

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Thanks so much...it's good to know that You and I have something in common with Madeleine! Who knew it would be Pins with 'Little Voices' and our 'Big Mouths'. I actually do have quite a few vintage brooches that might rival a few of Madeleines....no snakes, though!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Didn't they do a book on her brooches? I love them myself and the vintage one's are amazing to look at. Glad you did your B post, better late then never! hugs, Linda

Sue said...

What a good idea, to wear them on a hat!

=)

Ames said...

Linda, Yes they did a book on her pins. When I thought of brooches I thought of her and Queen Elizabeth.:)

Annesphamily said...

I was just looking at some sweet Christmas pins in the store last week! Man what I wouldn't give to have the collection of my late Aunt! She had jewelery galore! She once paid a Christmas tree on a frame with a black velvet backing and the tree was decorated with broken jewelry. SHe never threw anything out. My uncle added lights and my sis inherited their house so somewhere in there she has that cool tree/artwork! :)