Friday, November 18, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday "C" is for Cloche Hat

The Cloche Hat
My most favorite Winter hat, the simple yet stylish Cloche. It can be dressed  up with a  pretty jeweled pin, or brooch as some may call them, or just worn plain.

I love hats. I don't know why women, or men for that matter,  just don't wear them more often. They keep your head warm, protect it from harmful UV rays and hide a bad hair day or even a no hair.

~~~~~
What's your favorite hat?


Don't forget to stop by Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent ) for other post about the letter "C".
You can get there by clicking on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/11/alphabe-thursdays-letter-c.html

Thanks for stopping by!~Ames



P.S. Dear followers of Jenny's Alphabe~Thursday,

I would love to visit each and every one of  your post unfortunately when you have Word Verification and I have already left a lengthy comment and don't realize I have to decipher some crazy word until it's too late,  I will have to pass on coming back and rewriting my comment.

I don't understand why anyone uses Word Verification anyway. Please make it easier for others to get through all of the post on Alphabe~Thursday by removing Word Verification.

Thanks! This is my expressed opinion and not that of Jenny Matlock.

14 comments:

Viki said...

I wear a tossel hat in the winter. I can't stand for my head to be cold. Most gals I hang out with wear nothing because they don't want their hair to get messed up. I always tell them I'd rather be warm then look good, LOL. Occasionally in the summer I might where a baseball cap.

Sue said...

I kind of like this cloche one, though I'm not sure I'd look good in it.

=)

beckyp said...

I like this hat I look terrible in has so I dont wear them

Pondside said...

My favorite hat is a boiled wool, red cloche with a grey rosette on the side. I bought it last year on the ferry and I just love it!

Judie said...

I can never find a hat that fits me because I have a little pin head! The only ones I can find that fit are in the children's department and they have "Hello Kitty" on them! I do wear a lot of visors, however. I have quite a collection, in fact. Hope you're feeling good, Ames!!

Judie said...

I can never find a hat that fits me because I have a little pin head! The only ones I can find that fit are in the children's department and they have "Hello Kitty" on them! I do wear a lot of visors, however. I have quite a collection, in fact. Hope you're feeling good, Ames!!

Brenda said...

I can never find a hat that looks good on me. I should try one of these one day.

Gattina said...

I like Berets ! Have them in several colors. They are practical and keep warm especially when it's windy !

anitamombanita said...

I love hats. I just don't look so good in them... but I love them on other people!

Lola said...

I can't wear hats after being forced to at school!

Have a great weekend!

Jenny said...

I love those kind of hats! I wish I could wear them. I can't stand anything on my head. Even if it's freezing cold...which, of course, rarely occurs around here!

Thanks for a stylin' link to the letter C.

A+

Vicki/Jake said...

I wanted to make hats when I was younger...
I love them and wish they would come back as something every woman wore...like my grandma did.

Ditto on the word veri kill Ames!

Pearl Maple said...

Cute hat!
I missed the chance to link my C theme
Word verification is a tricky subject, without it there is too much time spent cleaning spammers

Annesphamily said...

I love hats too! I wish I had all those cool hats my mom use to buy for us at the House of Paris! It was a hat store on Main Street down home. Ah the lovely memories. But I have a winter red hat that I cherish. Living here it has a built in scarf so your head is extra protected! Cloche hats are very cool! I also love cloches, those pretty glass domes that cover treasures and plants and such! Great use of the letter "C"! I hate word verification! What a giant pain! Great post Ames!