Friday, October 7, 2011

Thrifty Things Friday #28

I was groggy from a procedure today but that didn't stop me from asking Mr. Ames to let me walk through the Goodwill on the way home.


I have been collecting the Left Behind Series books for grandson #1 and today I picked up Soul Harvest. I wanted to find it in Hard Back to complete a nice library for him but this will do until I luck out and find a hardback another time. I only paid .89 cents for it and .49 cents for the little Clifford's Furry Friends book that my little grandaughter seems fascinated with. I guess it's because of the furry animals in the book.


I think this outfit was brand new. I only paid $1.34 for it because Mr. Ames let me use his senior discount. It came with a hat, bloomers and a sun dress. It's too big for my grandaughter now but she will be able to wear it next year!

This little lavender outfit is by Oshkosh. It had a cute little butterfly on the front that I will have to retack to the outfit but it is sweet. And it too was $1.34, thanks to Mr. Ames ' senior discount.

And I did find this pretty little bowl to add to my colored pottery collection. It was  only .50 cents.
~~~~~
Well that was all I could find because I was ready to get home and take a nap. Maybe next week I will find more Thrifty Things to share. If you want to check out other Thrifty Things, please stop by Diann's blog (The Thrifty Groove) . You can get there by clicking on this link. And trust me...you will be inspired to get out there and find your own Thrifty Things.

Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

10 comments:

Bookie said...

You did very well for being groggy! Guess that bargain organ doesn't go under the influence! Good for you....enjoy your weekend ahead....

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Not bad for a groggy girl! Love the kids outfits! I am always on the look for items for Tiger! I love using my Sr Discount! hugs, Linda

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Maybe being groggy helped because you found some great things! Yay for senior discounts!!!

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Well, havin' any procedure...groggy or not...deserves a quick whirl through GW and a sympathy discount makes it even better. Good job...milk it girl!!! Love the bowl!!!

Tammy at Tammy Loves Dishes said...

You sure found some great stuff for being groggy and not at your optimum thrifting senses! It's always nice to be rewarded after a medical procedure or appointment with a little thrifting success. I really like the green bowl.

JJ said...

Getting books for a grandchild - There is hope for America!

Sue said...

Nothing beats a good find at the thrift store!

=)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What cute little outfits! I would probably put them on a doll! heehee! love the books, too! ♥

Diann said...

We have the whole "Left Behind" series as well. I haven't read it yet. Troy has. The two little outfits are adorable! Great find on your new bowl as well! Thank you for being part of Thrifty Things Friday and have a wonderful day!

ain't for city gals said...

I really don't know why anyone would buy new when there are such treasures to be found for practically nothing!