Saturday, October 29, 2011

Saturday Centus #78 ~ The Pep Talk

No prompt just this picture. Write a story using 25 words. Jenny Matlock is definitely challenging us this week.

Are you afraid of the dark?.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Right hand wall search.


Right....hand …..where’s the wall?




I can’t even see my own hand.



B r e a t h e.

 

Don’t cry girl!


BE TOUGH!

 

Firefighters don’t cry.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you the type of person that talks to yourself? Do you talk yourself through a situation? Or do you SCREAM???

To see what's going on over at Jenny's blog (off on my tangent) move your right hand to the  "Enter"  button and click on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/10/saturday-centus-micro-mini.html

Thanks for stopping by! ~Ames

15 comments:

Cheryl said...

Very nicely done, Ames. I really like your multi-use of the prompt.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Wow, this is awesome, Ames. I didn't expect that last line. Very clever twist.

PS Oops, I didn't realize we only had 25 words. Silly me. Oh well.

Was hubby's peppered chocolate Lindt? It really is orgasmic.

xoRobyn

Sue said...

Nice reveal at the end. Definitely didn't see it coming, either!

Well done, Ames.

=)

Dazee Dreamer said...

loved the surprise of the firefighters. well done.

Judie said...

Ames, I know you have been in this situation more times than you care to remember. Great work on the prompt, sister! Brava!!

anitamombanita said...

Very interesting. Nice take on the prompt. I'm loving all the unique perspectives.

Jo said...

oh, i didn't see that end coming ... fabulous work Ames!!!

Wanderer said...

Good job with a surprise ending!

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

Gosh, that was DARK! Great use of prompt and words. You are such a creative thinker and writer.

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

This is exactly what our CERT instructors said would happen! They have to feel their way in using the same pattern both in and backwards out. That would be really scary!

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi Ames....enjoyed this post today.....wow!

BTW.....I'm in the Phoenix area in AZ.

xo

Jo

Gems said...

I love your multiple use of the picture to paint your story and build our emotional connection. Well done!

Anna said...

Well done, Ames!
Clever of you to use the black square to mark the sequence of events/passing of time.

Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's SC wk 78 'A Study in Black'

gautami tripathy said...

Very very good!


snaky tales

Jenny said...

What tension you built in these few little words.

I could feel the fear. And the panic.

This was wonderful Ames.

The autobiographical nature of it makes my palms sweat for you!