Thursday, October 13, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday "Z" is for Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah

*Dear reader, if you are reading this, I thank you for stopping by. I am sorry to say I am so far behind on reading all your posts. I am not sure I can catch up.

Happy Alphabe~Thursday. Don't you wish every day could this cheerful. This week is about the letter "Z". The first thing that popped into my head was "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah from "Song of the South". Please click on the link and enjoy.




Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah is a song from the Disney 1946 live action and animated movie Song of the South, sung by James Baskett.

~~~~~
Don't forget to stop by Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) and check out other offerings about the letter "Z". You can get there by clicking on this link:

I hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

20 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

Yep, yep it would be nice! I hope you have a zip-a-dee-doo-dah day!

Zombies...Alphabe-Thursday & T2Q

Sue said...

That song has always been such a cheerful one. Brings back great memories, too.

=)

Lola said...

Am still singing along - great ‘Z’ post!

Have a great weekend too & look forward to *seeing* you again next time,

Alphabe-Thursday

Erika said...

We sand that song when I was a small child for a huge concert that involved multiple schools. I still like to sing it for my kids:)

Erika
Artful Rising

Monica said...

Yep...I had this song in my head all day yesterday while I was trying to think up a Z word.

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I sing this song with my son! I remember seeing the movie that it was featured in when I was little.

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

I have always loved that song and movie! I wonder if it was one of the first to be both live and animated.

Nezzy said...

Now ya set me off like a Fourth of July bottle rocket!!! I'll be singin' this all day now. I truly doesn't take much to set me of in song.

This is the best 'Z' ever!

God bless your day sweetie!!! :o)

JJ said...

Ames: I hope we continue to have plenty of sunshine headed our way in Florida.

Dazee Dreamer said...

I love to randomly sing that song. but then, I'm weird.

storybeader said...

I don't think I've even seen that movie, but sure I've heard the song before! {:-D

Jo said...

I loved that song!!!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder...My, Oh, My what a fun, happy song!!!

Pondside said...

That has got to be one of the cheeriest songs ever written!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

This is one of the songs you're bound to catch me singing around my house. Great Z!!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I do like this song. I will play if for my three girl's tomorrow. We will all be whistling the tune I'm sure.
Dana

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love that song...of course I'll be singing it all night now! Hugs! ♥

Andy said...

Hello.
You're the second person who chose that song.
It's definitely a catchy tune that stays with you.

Thanks for sharing, Ames.

The Evening Zephyr

Jenny said...

I love this song.

It's zippy.

And doodah-y.

And catchy.

And it makes me smile.

All in all, a perfect post for the letter Z.

Thanks for sharing it.

Z you soon!

A+

Splendid Little Stars said...

such a great song! Now I'll be singing and sing it!