Thursday, October 20, 2011

Alphabe~Thursday Fall Break

This week Jenny is taking a break from her regular Alphabe~Thursday.  So we are officially on Alphabet~Thursday Fall break. This week we can post anything that has to do with Fall color. Well down here in the South we don't have the change of seasons. So when I think of Fall colors, I always think of the colors of spices, cinnamon, pumpkins, and oranges.

As soon as it turns cooler there is one thing that I always make. It's quick, easy and taste like Fall. We drink it all the way through the Christmas season too. It's called Russian Spice Tea. It is so yummy that all my friends beg me to make it every year. I have even purchased this at Fall Craft Fairs. It's so easy to make, and makes your home smell so good and it's simply delicious! Even makes a great gift! Try it. You'll be glad you did!


Russian  Spice Tea

Ingredients:
18 ounces Tang
1 ounce instant tea with lemon
1 1/2 cups sugar -- to taste
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together. Store in a tightly sealed jar or container. To serve, add several tablespoons of the mix to a cup of hot water. Stir.


 ~~~~~
Hope you try it! Stop by Jenny's blog (off on my tanget) for a taste of Fall. You can get there by clicking here: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/10/alphabe-thursdays-fall-break-and.html


Happy Fall Ya'll!
Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

21 comments:

Cathy Kennedy said...

I had a good friend who use to make this all the time. I ought to try it again. It's been forever since I've had it. Thanks for reminding me!

"Autumn Is Here" Poem…Alphabe-Thursday & T2Q

Sue said...

This sounds like it would be right up my alley!

=)

Lola said...

Looks and sounds delicious - great for Autumn temperatures!

Alphabe-Thursday

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

I'm all for a mix that you can fix with water! Thanks for the recipe. I use to buy that DangTang stuff...don't know why I stopped. I'll see ya for the Round 4 of AlphabeThursday.

Deb said...

That sounds delicious. I'll have to try it.

La said...

This sounds like an interesting fall drink. I think my son and his girlfriend will like it.

anitamombanita said...

mmmm. I can smell it now!! :)

H said...

I hate tea, but that smells so good I could almost be tempted to try it!

storybeader said...

I'll have to try that out - sounds easy, good for me! {:-Deb

JJ said...

Ames: It's a little off topic, but forgive me as I ponder a few things. Fall is a time when many visualize leaves falling from trees and the onset of winter. I focus on those elements that come to life. Fall and Winter are to many creatures as Spring and Summer are to others. Nature rocks.

Ames said...

JJ, Jenny said it could be anything that strikes our fancy.....a picture, a story, a recipe etc.
Unless I am driving 70 miles an hour up I 95 and see the occassional red Water Maple, I don't see much of a seasonal change in Florida. Therefore I have to create a Fall like ambiance in my home. Thus the Russian Spice Tea. :) Ames

Judie said...

When we lived in the south, I always had a jar of that tea handy!! See you soon, Ames!!!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

Ames, you mix some up and I'll bring some snickerdoodles!

Pondside said...

I haven't thought of this for years - it used to be a wintertime favorite! Thanks for reminding me.

Esther Joy said...

Mmmm... I remember the taste of this, but its been a long time since I've had any.

Vicki/Jake said...

My love is Chai Tea Latte but this sound worth a try. Good Autumn post!!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

oohhh this sounds really good. Now that it's cooler here in Northern Canada any warm toddy is a must have. I will be pinning this recipe to my drinkypoo board on Pinterest. Thank you!
Dana

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi Ames......Found you at the Rogue speaks....saw your little visit with Jenny and the rogue....I'm an AZ girl also....so it should be fun getting to know you.

xo

Jo

Theresa said...

O my that sounds yummy! I haven't had Tang in years!

Jenny said...

My Mom used to make that all the time. I always loved the fragrance of it...definitely a sign that cool weather and fall was on the way!

Thanks for a lovely walk down memory lane and a perfect link for fall break!

A+

hasnain raza said...

Lols Gag is the the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
lolsgag.com