Sunday, September 18, 2011

Peeking at Halloween

Friday night at my grandson's High School football game there was a beautiful orange harvest moon. The air was cool and the school spirit ran high. It almost felt like Fall.



Credit: Wikipedia
(Very hard to get a pic of the moon with the stadium lights on)


~~
 So, today I lit my Harvest candle and set out a few of my Annalee dolls to lift my spirit a little. After all Annalee's motto is "If you smile, someone else has got to smile back." My little grandaughter was just fascinated with these little guys and they made her smile....which always makes me smile!

Click picture to enlarge

Three Black Cats
(sung to the tune of three blind mice)

Three black cats, three black cats,
In black hats, in black hats,
They all jumped into the Halloween brew.
They teased the ghosts & the goblins too!
Have you ever seen such a Hullabaloo??
On Halloween, On Halloween!


Treat Mice?
Looking for Candy Corn??


A mouse Pirate?
A mouse dressed as a  Skeleton? And a mouse dressed as a Cat??
Mr. Pumpkin is back!

~Ames

8 comments:

La said...

Hi Ames.

Great pictre of the moon. My thoughts have been about Halloween lately, too.

Have a great week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of your cute things! And that MOON! What a fabulous photo! WOW! You should have that printed and framed! ♥

Jo said...

I'm in the moon to redecorate for fall ... i'm looking forward to it! I love your silly little mouse pirate!!! to cute!

Deb said...

Those make me smile too:)

Nonna Beach said...

Oh how cute Ames !!!

Sue said...

You have inspired me to go burn a pumpkin spice candle.

Thank you!

=)

JJ said...

Great moon. I live here in Florida and I missed it!

Bookie said...

I am so far behind, but wanted to tell how much I love your moon! Great post...you are in the fall mood! Got home yesterday and worked all day today! Tired but hope to get fire pit (fall thing) burning tomorrow night!