Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hurricane Irene


What’s up with Mother Nature this year?

Wreaking havoc on lives and creating fear?

Earthquakes, Tornadoes, Floods, Hurricanes,

Impending disasters are driving me insane.


Zip to the store; buy TP, food, water, and more,

Why can’t we eat MRE’s like soldiers ate through wars?



Dash to the bank to have cash on hand,

Drive to gas station to fill up the cans.



Scrub the bathtub, fill it with water,

Help grouchy hubby hang up the shutters.



This old body is saying no more can I take,

Now who’s that calling for heaven’s sake?



“Hello dear daughter, how are things with you?”

“Help me mom, I don’t know what to do!”



Back to the store; buy TP, food, water and more,

Get splinters lifting plywood at the big box store.



Back to the bank for more cash on hand,

How come children don’t know how to plan?



Scrub daughters tub, fill it with water,

Help grouchy son-in-law hang up the shutters.



This old body is saying, no more planning can I take,

And now that bitch Irene isn’t coming here for heaven’s sake!

~Ames*








* Please know that this is only humor out of exhaustion and that I take natural disaster preparedness very serious.

7 comments:

Nonna Beach said...

Hahahaha !

I take preparedness very seriously too Ames. We're ready. I needed a laugh tonight and your ever perfect sense of humor did the trick !!!

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

Now THAT was funny...and it captured what so many of us are feeling!!!! It's crazy, isn't it????

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

What NERVE....and after all that planin' and prepin'!!! However, after yesterday's Shakin' and Rattlin' I bet ya'll can do without Irene's Rollin'....waves that is! I Shutter to think what you'd be callin' Irene if she'd decided to Rock n Roll your way!!! Seriously, Ames, that was Bitchin'!!!! (I use to hear kids say that as a complement...do they still?)

Deb said...

That Irene is a bitch but I'm glad she isn't coming your way. At least you got a clean bathtub out of the deal. The weather this year is CRAZY. We're still dealing with 106 degrees almost everyday.

Jenny said...

I don't know how you live with the tropical storm worry. That would be really scary.

Love your light take on it.

But be careful!

Sue said...

So funny, Ames. Really enjoyed this!

=)

Jo said...

Ames, that was so funny ... hang in there !!!