Monday, August 8, 2011

A Howdy From Cowtown Inspired Lunch


Click on pic to enlarge

Hey  all! It's been darn hot down here in the Sunshine State of Florida. Sometimes  I just don't feel like making a big heavy meal or heating up the kitchen. Sometimes I don't even feel like eating unless it's something cool. 

Today I thought I'd try something different. My bloggy friend Deb, over at Howdy From Cowtown, has created a wonderful dish called Spanish Rice Bowl, you can check it out here: http://www.howdyfromcowtown.com/2011/08/spanish-rice-bowl.html  

Deb is a very talented cook and she creates a lot of Tex Mex inspired dishes that are oh so yummy.  Unfortunately for me, I can't do spicy, but the hubby loves spicy. So we compromise with a bottle of hot sauce and a bottle of Tiger sauce on the table.

Today, my lunch was inspired by Deb's Spanish Rice Bowl, only my version was made from leftovers. I cooked turkey kielbasa with onions, red peppers and seasoned yellow rice two nights ago for supper. Today I reheated it in the microwave...No Hot Kitchen... heh heh heh...and then I topped it with fresh chopped heart of Romaine lettuce and juicy ripe red tomatoes. Sprinkled a little black pepper and kosher salt on it and Wahlah!


It was sooh goooood!

Don't be afraid to mix it up with leftovers!

P.S. My hubby doesn't like leftovers but he ate two plates of  this. :)

Stay cool and Thanks for stopping by!~Ames



5 comments:

Sue said...

Looks great, Ames!

=)

Bookie said...

Clever lunch, Ames! I love salads and one can be inventive with nuts and fruits...although I like ones with dab of meat and cheese the best!

Deb said...

Thanks for the shout out! Your Cowtown inspired dish looks yummy!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks good!And I love serving dishes on top of a bed of lettuce! Makes it healthy, too! ♥

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

It looks great, actually! I love an aesthetically pleasing dish. I can't do spicy, but my husband can. Maybe we should try your compromise.