Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday Centus #65~ If You Can't Take The Heat...Get Out Of The Kitchen


"Yankee? Who the hell are you calling a Yankee?" she yelled.

"You, that’s who."  He slammed down his coffee cup. " I am not eating cereal again for the third day in a row, Claudine."

"It’s too hot to cook!" she yelled back. "I’m not slaving over a hot stove because you are too cheap to buy an air conditioner."

"The deal was Claudine; you cook and clean in exchange for free room and board."

"You want eggs?" she asked. "I’ll fry you up some eggs!"

Claudine yanked open the refrigerator door and grabbed an egg then stomped outside.

~~~~~~~
 
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorched.....because...... if Momma ain't happy...ain't nobody happy! :)
 
Don't tick off the teacher, head on over to Jenny Matlock's bog (off on my tangent) and read this week's Saturday Centus. You can get there by clicking on this link:  http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/07/saturday-centus-no-words-can-convey.html
 
Thanks for stopping by.~Ames

21 comments:

cj Schlottman said...

Ames! This is great - funny and a little dramatic at the same time. I do like the way you write.

Namaste.........cj

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Well this Yankee says, I like it! Stay cool:@)

Erika said...

I cannot imagine being without an air conditioner!

Erika
Artful Rising

jeff campbell said...

"...a woman scorched." funny ;-) love this! Peace and blessings

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I agree with Jeff. That's a wonderful line. I laughed out loud again. Your writing always seems to have that effect on me. Great one again, Ames!
xoRobyn

JJ said...

Love your style, Ames.

bj said...

haaahhhaaa...gotta love this. Really enjoyed it.
My fist time to do the Centus thing and I still don't find the word centus in Google. Am I missing something?
Thanks so much for coming by..I can't wait for next Sat. to do it agan. :) Come see me soon.
xo bj

bj said...

OOO, and meant to say that I almost named my blog
GRITS...:))

Nonna Beach said...

Excellent Ames !

Real, vivid and so down home honest.I got a good laugh from this exchange and I love it that he got fried, dirty, gritty eggs. Maybe now he'll buy a darn A/C !!!

Dazee Dreamer said...

hahahaha. I think this is one of the best. Great, great job.

Rinkly Rimes said...

I'd have cracked it on his head!

jfb57 said...

Excellent! This flows right the way through. Really loved it & would like to have had the chance to cook THAT man an egg like that!

5thsister said...

Yea! Claudine has a backbone! Having grown up in Kansas without air conditioning, I can so relate to your heroine. Excellent Centus.

Sue said...

Love the direction you took here. Really fun!

=)

Gems said...

Eggsactly!!!!! I had a good chuckle with this..nice job!

Deb said...

Very cute! I can't take the heat in the kitchen. As if this summer hasn't been hot enough already, this week is going to be our hottest yet. 107-108 ALL WEEK. Somebody please stop this madness!!!!

jabblog said...

He deserves what he gets.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

How fun that was! Great job. laurie

PⒿ @ $ € € ₦$ ₣®0₥... said...

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorched." - you're hilarious, Ames! Loved it!

Anna said...

Dear Ames,
A very funny SC-post that is a good way letting off steam!

Thank you for your comment. Hope Florida cools off for you soon.

I am late commenting. Trying to catch up before the new Saturday Centus-assignment is up.

Best wishes,
Anna
For the benefit of other readers:
'John Tell, expert on tourism' Anna's SC wk 65

Jenny said...

Ames! I love this! And hell definitely has not fury like...

My husband got the backside of my wrath today.

He said, "What the heck is wrong with you?"

I said, "Shut up! I'm roasting to death!"

Sigh.