Saturday, July 23, 2011

Saturday Centus~ # 64 The Short List

~~~~~~

Hey, it's me again.

I am grateful for an easy Saturday Centus this week considering I just threw my back out moving the family room furniture around.

Doh!

Yes I am one of those bored housewives.

Our furniture has been in the same place for the last seven years.

Boring!

Rather than go out and buy all new furniture, I thought I'd change things around to spice things up a bit,  just like our Miss Jenny has done this week. She's really slashed the word count. It's down to 15 and the prompt is "Before I die I'd like to....."   As usual it is in bold.

Now on to my contribution. I can feel the pain pill starting to kick in, as evidenced by my self portrait......

~~~~~
Before I die I'd like to

Be skinny again,

See my grandchildren grow old,

Win the lottery,

Write a bestselling novel.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~
 
I can't wait to read everyone's contributions this week! You can read them too by going over to Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) You can get there by clicking on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/07/saturday-centus-before-i-die.html
 
Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

20 comments:

Daydreamertoo said...

I hope you get to do all of those things :)

Cheryl said...

Dreaming big is the only way to live!

Dazee Dreamer said...

I hope that all your dreams come true

Viki said...

Three out of your four definitely make my list. I don't think I'll be getting any grandchildren, ha. Hope your back feels better.

upinthecosmos said...

You can do all of those! It just takes a little work on a few:-)

CollectIn Texas Gal said...

For now 'Go With the Blur' and let it happen...the rest will fall in place. Oh!!!Wait!!!never mind....don't fall. Sorry you are down in the back...glad you have a pain pill...might be a good time to start thinking about the novel. I sometimes write in a Blurry State of mind....oh wait....that's most of the time....lately!!! Feel better soon!

Deb said...

Very nice to see your pretty face! I love dreaming of winning the lottery and how I would spend the money. I hope all your dreams come true.

Jo said...

oh do get that back better, i just changed my living room around ... hey, change is good! and i loved your entry, i can totally relate, what i wouldn't give to be a size 6 again!

Sue said...

I'd like to be thin again, too!

=)
Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How interesting! And some of them on in your power to do! I should make a list...this looks like fun! ♥

Nonna Beach said...

I vote for all of your choices too...especially being thin again. I am praying your will be healed from your back injury.

My nickname in our family was "Furniture Lady" in the past. I was constantly moving around and cleaning behind furniture...drove my family nuts until 1 day a few years ago, I messed up my knee, back and shoulder. I let the men in our family do all the heavy lifting now !

gautami tripathy said...

Go for it!


puerile ennui

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

It's a beautiful portrait though I'm sorry for your pain, Ames. I think you used the 15 words perfectly.
xoRobyn

pchickki said...

May all your wished come true :)

jabblog said...

Wishes we can all identify with, I know.
Hope your back is feeling better now.

cj Schlottman said...

You go, Girl! Dream big, live big.

Namaste..........cj

Splendid Little Stars said...

Those are some good dreams!
I've hurt my back, too. rehabbing a house. It was hard to walk earlier today, but I'm better now, thanks to advil, a hot pad, and stretching.
Hope you heal soon!

Tgoette said...

Now that's a list I can get behind! Great job!

Rek said...

That's a list that many of us have secretly stored in our dairy somewhere. Great use of the prompt.

Jenny said...

Ames, you are so pretty. I can see your dreams on your face.

Your heart is so lovely...and I hope all your wishes come true.

I will be first in line to buy your book when it comes out!

And as for skinny. Let's just move to Germany and call it a day! Don't they love 'fluffy' women there?