Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday Centus #63 ~ The Spot

Well look what the cat drug in. We've missed you O crabby one! I guess I should go easy on the poor girl but she's the one punishing us for her computer issues! This time she has slashed our word count down to a meager 25 words excluding this week's prompt: "I'm not getting any younger."  I think she gave us that one because she's feeling old waiting on her internet service provider to get it together.

Regardless of her crabbiness I love a good challenge, so onto my contribution....
~~~~~~
The Spot….overnight it came.

To the phone book…..find a Dermatologist’s name.

You’re kidding me! …..Next available appointment is WHEN???!!

Lady, I'm not getting any younger…. I’ll be dead by then!


~~~~~~

Don't forget to stop by Jenny Matlock's* blog (off on my tangent) and check out the other sufferings. You can get there by clicking on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/07/saturday-centus_16.html

*Jenny we have missed you. Do you think you could be nice to us next week? :)
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!~Ames

22 comments:

Judie said...

It's amazing what good news can do for one's sense of humor! Great post, Ames!!!!!

jeff campbell said...

So true...dermatologists are difficult to get in to see...interesting take on our prompt...very good...Peace and blessings

Bookie said...

This is fun Ames, but oh so true in this area!!!!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Ha, yep it can take a while:@)

jfb57 said...

Brilliant! How clever!

tidbitsandtreasures2011 said...

I'm definitely not getting any younger. I noticed a spot on another shopper's face when I was out today and couldn't remember noticing my own similar spots recently. I just checked...they're still there!

Jingle said...

creative, well done.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

Ms. Ames, you always crack me up. I love the rhythm and rhyme and fun take!
Cheers,
xoRobyn

Deb said...

That's the truth! Why does it take so long to get in to a dermatologist?

cj Schlottman said...

Ames,

I love this little centus! It has a lilting cadence that makes it funny in spite of your dismay. Great!

Namaste..........ccj

Leo said...

Hehehe, I think you can never get an appointment on that short notice :D Nice one!

My Centus ~ Break Free

Sue said...

heehee

Really fun.

Not far from the truth, either.

=)

Dazee Dreamer said...

bravo *standing ovation*. That was awesome. And freaking so true when it comes to some doctors.

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

I love this! So true. laurie

Rek said...

Too good...the tragedy of the waiting room...

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

HA! And so true!

Anna said...

Very clever, Ames! Love the rhime!

Unfortunately, it is not just dermatologists that put you on a waiting list.

Thank you for your kind words about my post.
Best wishes,
Anna
For the benefit of other readers:
Books are heavy-Anna's SC wk 63

Decorating Lady's Humble Abode said...

Ames, thanks for the hint on blogger for not being able to leave comments on blog sites. I think it is working? yaaaaa Decor. Lady

Nonna Beach said...

I love this Ames...very original take on the prompt...in fact brilliant !!!

Tina said...

haha loved the rhyme. i know what is it with hospitals and their waiting lists.

My Centus

Jenny said...

Seriously. I can tell I didn't challenge you NEARLY enough because this was wickedly great!

You are so clever!

Jilly said...

I really like that rhythm. I really like what you have posted here, it is a very well written and great article that gets right to the exact idea. I really enjoyed here fully.
detektiv