Sunday, July 10, 2011

Saturday Centus~ #62

Hi all, it appears we are back to a normal Saturday Centus this week. Just 100 words and the prompt given..."and the sign read".

The first thing that popped into my mind was the story below. My own dog "Baby" was a runt. My husband did not want me to buy her. He said she was sickly and would not survive. I told him I loved her, she needed me.

Yes I have had to work hard to keep her going. I had to come home from work every two hours to administer meds because she was hypoglycemic. And she has seizures now and always tries to come to me when one is starting to happen. She is my faithful companion, my loyal friend, my shadow. She is sitting in my office chair with me now.

I am so glad I picked her. I needed her.

and now onto my contribution....

~~~~

And the sign read...

FREE TO GOOD HOME.

 Jimmy looked down into the box and saw two scared brown eyes looking back.

“Paw! Come look!”

Delmar walked over and looked down into the box and saw a sickly mutt, a runt. “You don’t want him son, he won’t live long.”

“Paw, the man says nobody wants him. I want him Paw.”

Delmar looked at his sickly son, both legs in braces, now holding the ugly mutt. His heart swelled.

“He’ll need a lot of care son, you think your old enough to handle that?”

“Yes sir paw, he needs me and I need him.”

  ~~~~

Please take a few minutes to pop over to Jenny Matlock's blog (off on my tangent) and read this week's Saturday Centus stories. You can get there by clicking on this link: http://jennymatlock.blogspot.com/2011/07/saturday-centus.html
 
Thanks for stopping by. ~Ames

12 comments:

Dazee Dreamer said...

That was truly beautiful. Thank you.

Judie said...

You are just the sweetest woman! No wonder I like you soooooo much!!!

Sue said...

Aw. I like this one.

=)

Deborah said...

Oh that bought a lump to my throat ... lovely :o)

Deb said...

That actually made me tear up a little:) That's a sweet little story and I'm a little more emotional than normal lately too.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

That story makes us all hold our pets a little closer!!! Thanks!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Such a beautiful story, and so well written. That tugged at my heart. Great job. laurie

cj Schlottman said...

So sweet and touching. You brought tears to my eyes.

Namaste.........cj

pchickki said...

Very sweet. Thanks for sharing this.
My two dogs have my heart .

Anna said...

Sweet story. Well done!
I love dogs, but I have six cats at the moment, so there is no room for a dog.
Best wishes,
Anna
Sigge says thanks-Anna's SC wk 62

Nonna Beach said...

So touching and sweet Ames...outstanding job !
Our little companions mean so much and give so freely of their love, loyalty and trust...

Jenny said...

Ames, this was so sweet. You always transport me to a different era when you write like this. I can see the little boys hair sticking up in a cowlick and the mud caked on the bottom of his braces.

God Bless us Every one!